Apple Keyboard keystroke issue, anyone had a similar experience?

DarkMitch

1 post in this topic

Alright truth be told I've had a search around for an solution to this problem for a long while now- I bought an Apple aluminium wired keyboard little under a year ago now. I'm using it under a regular x64 Windows 7 PC but I have had a specific problem which is really driving me insane now.

The keyboard likes to repeat keys upon the first startup of the PC. I know I've read a few similar issues to this, but they were supposedly fixed with firmware updates and usually an issue with the Apple Wireless Keyboard instead. There's one big difference to mine though: If I restart the PC the keyboard begins operating properly. So this means I need to turn my PC on and restart it every time I want to use it.

A recurring side-effect of this is that my speakers also playback music slightly crackly when the keyboard is messing up, and eventually results in a bluescreen.

I've tried updating the firmware for the keyboard, I'm fairly certain it's not a problem with the USB ports, since it's replicated on the front and back panels. I'm beginning to really think this keyboard itself has a defect- because my friend tested his parents Apple Keyboard for a few days on a very similar hardware setup to mine, and he encountered no problems.

Though another thought I was having.. it could maybe be a driver conflict? I don't know. If someone has any ideas or stories similar to this I would appreciate hearing them.

Edit: I forgot to mention, when the keyboard is repeating keys, a USB device plugged in to the keyboards port (such as a mouse) intermittently drops out.