MAC OS COMPATABILITY?!

trimak

5 posts in this topic

My current predicament, my girlfriend was organising what her parents are getting her for xmas, turns out it will be a laptop and a desktop with a $4,000 budget from them and my girlfriend is going to provide any further cash needed for the desktop setup.

We purchased a Macbook Pro for a bit over $3,000 and now we are looking for the desktop component.

I recently bought a computer and am realising now that I could upgrade some of my parts for the purpose of overclocking and water-cooling and give these parts to my girlfriend for her hackintosh.

P.S. Need this to work as my girlfriend is a graphic designer and requires her work to be done in mac for purposes of specific formats and for the ability to work competently in a professional apple computer environment fluently.

My first 2 computers were macs. Imac (the one with the handle) then when I was 11 or 12 I got my first laptop the Ibook clamshell in blue. I did however move over the the dark side during windows ME and never looked back. I feel the Mac OS is too dumbed down and restrictive. Personally I would use linux if it didn't have all the problems it does (Incompatible wireless devices, mouse stutter, just generally being slow sometimes) anyhow end rant. HELP ME!!!

My system:

CPU: AMD X6 1090T BE

MB: Gigabyte 870a UD3

GPU: Gigabyte HD5770

RAM: G.SKILL ripjaw 1600 2x2Gb

(Btw this is a really good setup for anyone looking to get food performance at a reasonable price. I have managed to push the 1090t to 4GHz+ on the stock cooler and the WEI for these parts are (in order as listed)

So a nicely balanced system

As far as I could research so far the MB and GPU are compatible but there just is no information on the CPU and not even a topic listed in the hardware section here which leads me to the conclusion that the CPU type may be irrelevant and it is the MB that matters in that aspect?

anyhow looking to purchase my upgrades and her system as soon as possible so all help asap would be great as I really have spent a long time searching this information to no avail.

Thank you all for reading and for your replies :)

- Trimak

Ok so this guy got a 1055T and an 890-UD3 and 5850

compared to my

1090T and 870-UD3 and 5770

Is it safe to assume that my parts work or could it completely not?

Your system will probably work. Your parts are very close to the guide ones so you might get it installed right away. The graphics card may need some work. Try the guide to see how it goes.