Trying to install MAC OS X on Samsung R730

gunnerz14l

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install MAC OS X on my Samsung R730. I have made it up to the install screen but I need to format and partition my hard drive. I can do this but I don't want to lose my RECOVERY partition on my hard drive. Is there any way to back this partition up? Thanks.

I'm trying to install MAC OS X on my Samsung R730. I have made it up to the install screen but I need to format and partition my hard drive. I can do this but I don't want to lose my RECOVERY partition on my hard drive. Is there any way to back this partition up? Thanks.

Clonezilla and make a complete drive image. Make sure to defrag the windows install before you do this or it will not free up the "unused" space from deleted files which makes the image really large.

You could also reboot and press F4 to boot into the recovery software and creat a complete backup and software backup to DVD and maybe if you are lucky it will allow you to restore the system, I have made the disks but have not tried to restore from them yet.

I just tried boot on my qx410 from the disks and the recovery utility does boot from the disks so you should be able to do this and get a set of disks. It will copy the initial install conditions to the disks, so any changes you have made will probably be lost.

Alternately if you search the web for upgrade disks, you'll find info on downloading them from Microsoft, and how to install using the key on the bottom of your computer so as long as you backed up the Samsung software and drivers you should be able to do a clean install to recover everything if it doesn't work out.

I would like to know the details of what you are doing to get OSX86 installed on the R730, might help me to get my qx410 to work.

Clonezilla and make a complete drive image. Make sure to defrag the windows install before you do this or it will not free up the "unused" space from deleted files which makes the image really large.

You could also reboot and press F4 to boot into the recovery software and creat a complete backup and software backup to DVD and maybe if you are lucky it will allow you to restore the system, I have made the disks but have not tried to restore from them yet.

I just tried boot on my qx410 from the disks and the recovery utility does boot from the disks so you should be able to do this and get a set of disks. It will copy the initial install conditions to the disks, so any changes you have made will probably be lost.

Alternately if you search the web for upgrade disks, you'll find info on downloading them from Microsoft, and how to install using the key on the bottom of your computer so as long as you backed up the Samsung software and drivers you should be able to do a clean install to recover everything if it doesn't work out.

I would like to know the details of what you are doing to get OSX86 installed on the R730, might help me to get my qx410 to work.

Okay thanks i'll give it a try.

I just created an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD and used a genuine MAC OS X install DVD following this tutorial

• 3 months later...
Okay thanks i'll give it a try.

I just created an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD and used a genuine MAC OS X install DVD following this tutorial

Hey gunnerz, I have the exact same laptop - maybe different model. Did you have any success in installting and getting everything to work? I mean especially sleep, hibernate, CMOS reset, ...