Realtek audio not working

Dr. James

10 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone. My name's Dr. James.

I have Snow Leopard installed on Vmware. Everything's working fine, except for the audio. According to System Preferences, there's no output device.

My techs specifications are:

HP tx2500

Windows 7

Vmware 7.1

Realtek HD Audio AL268

Can anybody give me a hand? Thanks.

Hello, everyone. My name's Dr. James.

I have Snow Leopard installed on Vmware. Everything's working fine, except for the audio. According to System Preferences, there's no output device.

My techs specifications are:

HP tx2500

Windows 7

Vmware 7.1

Realtek HD Audio AL268

Can anybody give me a hand? Thanks.

Have you activated and connetted audio on the settings of your OSX virtual machine?

Try google for the AppleHDA audio kext, download it, and install it using kexthelper b7.

I installed AppheHDAAudio, but without success. I still don't have audio.

I've installed a bunch of kexts without success.

According to system preferences, I have " No output detected " , so It's apparently a drivers.

I updated the system to 10.6.4 so I could install GarageBand. When I open it, it says: Selected driver not found (-10202). I assume it's because of the audio problem.

Please, can anybody help me?

Try this, download the mac version of "System Info app" http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1477004 Run it on your OS X vmware. You may find that the virtual machine audio is different to the hardware audio

I (kinda) solved it. I installed the package "EnsoniqAudioPCI.mpkg" which provided the VmWare audio driver. However, the audio runs slowly and GarageBand even gives me an alert saying that it's not running well.

Can this be fixed?

I (kinda) solved it. I installed the package "EnsoniqAudioPCI.mpkg" which provided the VmWare audio driver. However, the audio runs slowly and GarageBand even gives me an alert saying that it's not running well.

Can this be fixed?

Sorry don't know, check the Multi-booting and Virtualisation sub forum here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=104 and there is also a vmware uses forum which is excellent, just google it.

EnsoniqAudio- is that what system info app says the virtual machine runs?

The application shows the next thing:

1274;Ensoniq;1371;ES1371 [AudioPCI-97];Multimedia controller;Multimedia audio controller

I gave the virtual machine some more memory, but the problem persists.

Hope you can help me, thanks.

Here is how to do a search http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...q=&gs_rfai=

Looks like the solution is in one of the first three links.