Problems with GRUB, bootthink and the 3 systems

4 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have in my HD the 3 systems, linux, windows 7 y Snow Leopard, the bootloader was the chameleon but i didin't load the linux partition, after that I have problems with windows and I reinstalled it, now the bootloader is grub, but it doesn't load the Snow Leopard partition, I installed bootthink in windows, but when I restart the bootloader is grub, I don't know how to fix it, What I have to do to have the 3 systems to choose?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure your grub is updated to the latest version.

If you have an older version and update it should see all your operating systems and make menu entries for each one.

or you could try to update the menu entries with the following commands

sudo update-grub

or

sudo update-grub2

If your SL is found and installed you might want to examine the script used to boot SL. This is where the configuration is on my system.

sudo gedit /boot/grub/grub.cfg

You will see that a few things happen before the kernel is started. Like the kexts from /E/E and /S/L/E and mkexts, if a DSDT.aml is in your /E folder it will be loaded... etc.

I currently tripple boot with SL-10.6.5, Win7, Ubuntu 10.10. I have Win7 and Ubuntu on one drive, and SL on its own drive. I can use grub or Chameleon to boot into SL. I would prefer to use grub. But I am still figuring out which kexts to use to set the motherboard information.