Is my CPU OSx86 compatible?

kiidlenny

4 posts in this topic

Well im not new to using OSx86 but then again im not an expert :D. Well i have a gateway desktop which ive tried installing OSx86 and yet it seems to continuously give me problems. Well Ive Installed CPU-z to make sure my CPU is SSe2, and SSe3 compatible (which it is) and ive gone about doing the normal installation steps with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Yet when i choose to boot my Snow Leopard retail disk, My screen just freezes on the apple bootscreen. Doesnt even show the spiral, and the cd activity led doesnt blink either. Am i missing something here or am i just out of luck. Ive posted my CPU-z recorded specs as well. and also im running with 3gigs of DDR ram as well.

pcinfo.jpg

Well im not new to using OSx86 but then again im not an expert ;) . Well i have a gateway desktop which ive tried installing OSx86 and yet it seems to continuously give me problems. Well Ive Installed CPU-z to make sure my CPU is SSe2, and SSe3 compatible (which it is) and ive gone about doing the normal installation steps with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Yet when i choose to boot my Snow Leopard retail disk, My screen just freezes on the apple bootscreen. Doesnt even show the spiral, and the cd activity led doesnt blink either. Am i missing something here or am i just out of luck. Ive posted my CPU-z recorded specs as well. and also im running with 3gigs of DDR ram as well.

pcinfo.jpg

Should* work from what I understand. I've managed to get Tiger and Leopard to run on a Pentium D before. When you get to the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] prompt, after inserting leopard and refreshing, try typing "-v -x" (without quotes) then hit return on your install cd, that should boot it into safe mode. The -v will do it in verbose mode, so you can see what is going on and where it may be failing.

You may also need to type GraphicsEnabler=n if you have an unsupported graphics card.

Should* work from what I understand. I've managed to get Tiger and Leopard to run on a Pentium D before. When you get to the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] prompt, after inserting leopard and refreshing, try typing "-v -x" (without quotes) then hit return on your install cd, that should boot it into safe mode. The -v will do it in verbose mode, so you can see what is going on and where it may be failing.

You may also need to type GraphicsEnabler=n if you have an unsupported graphics card.

ok i ran in verbose mode which resulted in a panic. but here are the results.

npvhash=4095

PRE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

Darwin Kernel Version 10.5.0: Fri Nov 5 23:20:39 PDT 2010; root :xnu-1504.9.17~1/RELEASE_I386

vm_page_bootstrap: 754037 free pages and 294539 wired pages

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

mig_table_max_displ = 73

SAFE BOOT DETECTED - only valid OSBundleRequired kexts will be loaded.

Kext __kerbel__ is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDC is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCACMC is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCACMD is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCDMM is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCECMControl is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCECMData is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCEEM is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBCDCWCM is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.osxenablers.NVEnabler is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot - library kext com.apple.kpi.iokit not found.

Can't load kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot - failed to resolve library dependencies.

kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot (error 0xdc00800e).

Couldn't alloc class "es_osx86_EvOreboot"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x55bfa5): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n'@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.17/iokit/kernel

/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1389

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x533dbda8 : 0x21b50c (0x5d42fc 0x533dbddc 0x223974 0x0)

0x533dbdf8 : 0x55bfa5 (0x5ddc20 0x4c5e500 0x533dbe28 0x4ce0400)

0x533dbe18 : 0x53ca9e (0x4d27000 0x4ccad80 0x1 0x4ff9d6)

0x533dbe78 : 0x53acd3 (0x4ccad80 0x4d27000 0x4ce0440 0x50389e)

0x533dbf28 : 0x53b264 (0x4ccad80 0x4cd1c00 0x8 0xffffffff)

0x533dbf78 : 0x53cf13 (0x4ccad80 0x0 0x533dbfac 0x1)

0x533dbfc8 : 0x2a06cc (0x4c5e2d0 0x0 0x55618e8e 0x71718ec6)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.5.0: Fri Nov 5 23:20:39 PDT 2010; root :xnu-1504.9.17~1/RELEASE_I386

System uptime in nanoseconds: 93865440

(ive also enabled the graphics card as you said but i just recieved the same panic but it seemed summarized)

Use a patched kernel. Vanilla kernel will not work with this CPU.

would it be possible to pm me a link with the patched kernel please? as i can give that a try as well