gigabyte ud5 and firewire 410

audiodeviant

2 posts in this topic

hello all,

finally finished my hackintosh managed to squeeze the mobo into a g4 case! anyway my m-audio interface works fine getting power and output but can here electronic type sounds quite high pitch type, like a ground issue. has anyone else had this problem? and is the firewire power control a bit iffy? do i need to install/change something?

hope that makes sence, cheers.

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0765.jpgIMG_0807.jpg

• 1 month later...
hello all,

finally finished my hackintosh managed to squeeze the mobo into a g4 case! anyway my m-audio interface works fine getting power and output but can here electronic type sounds quite high pitch type, like a ground issue. has anyone else had this problem? and is the firewire power control a bit iffy? do i need to install/change something?

hope that makes sence, cheers.

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0765.jpgIMG_0807.jpg

figured it out, turned off the power saving options in the bios and put the speakers on another circuit seems to have got rid of everything. i dont think that the maudio cards are that fantastic anyway but at least im not getting a horrible buzz.