New to this need a bit of help ?

briinthesky

1 post in this topic

Hi people

I have been trawling through the posts on some of the pages on here and I take my hat off to those of you who answer the posts as it must be difficult to find the answers which people need.

Which is where I throw my 10 peneth in !

My son is at uni and they use Mac software but he cannot affordd to buy himself a mac so I suggested we give it a go with a lap top or old pc.

I got an intel compaq nc6120 for a few quid( all bits are intel) thinking we would give it a go.

So far we have tried ideneb 1.3,1.4,1.6 and iatkos v7 the last one just locked up during install

the other three all said succcessfully installed but then did nothing when it restarted the timer just kept spinning or it says you need to restart your computer. the 1.6 version seemed to get further and showed the chamelion windows and mac selection but again when selected the mac boot just locked up and showed a no entry kind of sign above the apple.

I figure we are not far off but i am not that sure what to select in the customise area to make a difference and not that sure how to use kexts.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian :)