Asus GS1

Neugen

1 post in this topic

Okay, so i took the plunge and decided to install osX onto my GS1. I tried this about a year ago and had absolutly no joy.

Today I am proud to say I have managed it with all hardware except the wireless,and modem fully functional (including the webcam). Oh, and to clarify, I am having to use the CPU=1 option ATM, but am looking for a fix/work around for that as I write this... But am not too worried about it as the system is performing better than I expected, and is comparable to running it with XP, so I am very happy with it "as is"... for now.

I used iDeneb v1.6 and every piece of hardware in my system had a "patch" within the image, so I didn't have to go elsewhere to get things functioning. As a note, I did try v1.4 but had nothing but issues and panics... was about to give up again, but then found the newer version and decided to give that a try.

I'm glad i did! with a list of my hardware on hand, I was able to negotiate the customizing process and after a couple of false starts (forgot a couple of things the first few times ;) ) I had a functional unit... total time for the "final" install was only about an hour... and that was because I was "very attentive" to the patches and fixes I chose during the customize stage.

I would like to thank everyone on the forum for their posts, as without all of you sharing your issues and experiences I would probrably have given up again... So Thanks to everyone for making this such a great site for resources and info!!

Specs for my system:

Processor -Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2 GHz 4MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB Mainboard -Intel 965M Memory -4GB, DDR2 PC5300 667Mhz SDRAM Graphics adapter -NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GT - 256 MB Hard Drive -160GB 5400rpm Hitachi Travelstar HTS541616J9SA00 Soundcard -Realtek ALC660 HD Audio Networking - Intel 3945AGN Wireless Lan, 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet, 56K Modem, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

I have to say IMHO that the iDeneb install is definately the way to go for the Asus GS1, and, I believe, also for any asus model laptop. The included kexts and patches seem to fit the hardware specs perfectly. I haven't had a crash, or lockup since the final install boot (knocking on wood).

Thanks again for all your help!!