Hdd issues? Logic dosn´t work well for me

mige89

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i recently installed hackintosh in my studio to run logic and the moast issues i have been able to solve, however i just cant fix this one on my own.

When i run logic it often stop the playback and sends me a message "System overload or disk to slow". I don´t got very much in the projects (at least compared to what i used to run in win with cubase with no problem at all) so it shouldnt fail.

I started to investigate the problem a bit and it seems quite common (however i do not find a lot of soultions out there...). Since i got an intel i7 which should handle the amount of tracks and effects i use just fine i asume that its the disk that fails and i have done some reasearch. Firstly, i got a 60gb ssd for my system where parts of logic is installed ( samples and my projects is installed at a 2TB WD ) Some say that this may occure due to to an overfilled system disk. I got 14gb free space of 60, should that be enough? I also checked the system disk with smart utilty and my brand new disk got 224 bad sectors - should this be any problem?

Then my other disk, where i record all audio tracks - I read that high load cycle count could be an issue, so i checked mine and it says as follows:

Load_Cycle_Count flag: 0x0032 value:199 worst:199 thresh:000 type:Old_age Updated:Always When_failed:- RAW_VALUE:3010

Since i dont know nothing bout smart data i wonder if that is good or bad values? Also i tried to use hdpam to solve this but it dosnt work for me, it outputs the following:

miens-iMac:~ mien$ sudo /Applications/Utilities/hdapm disk1 max

Password:

disk1: ST3160023AS

Setting APM level to 0xfe: FAILED: APM not supported

And others, i got a gigabyte ga-ex58-ud3r rev1.6 and running osx 10.6.5. Could there be an issue with my sata interface? Is there a way to check if it works propably?

I would really appriciate any help i cold get.

Best regards

Mikael

Post your system specs and install version etc. best to put it in your signature so people can always get a quick glance at what you are running.

did you try running just a few tracks with no plugins/instruments first? How does that go? which effects/instruments are you running? most important, how much ram do you have.

My logic is working fine with lots of tracks. my system specs are in my sig.

Oh, ill add that to my signature in a couple of minutes.

I did have the error with no plugins at all, however it works better now after a bios update but it still occures from time to time. I use kind of heavy plugins, moastly sample based. very common third party plugins in my projects are:

Native instruments - Battery, Kontakt.

Spectrasonic - Trillian, Omnisphere

Toontracks - Superiour Drummer

Sonalksis - TBK

Antares - Auto-tune 5

refx - vangaurd

However i do not see a connection between my AU´s and my issue. But sometime when i close a project it crashes due to the auto-tune .component the dialog says.

I got 6BG ddr3