Snow Leopard Hackintosh Shuts Down Randomly

Bigc9731

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I have a gateway nv53 laptop and i have successfully installed snow leopard on it. It has an AMD Athlon ll X2 M300 processor and i have gotten most devices to work. My audio card is conexant cx20561 and i have the azalia package kext installed. When playing audio, the sound is very choppy and doesnt play right. However, when i open the program photo booth and keep it maximized, the audio sounds fine and not choppy at all. I have searched google and found this website:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Tips_And_Tricks

I found this post and it said if you have choppy audio. You have to modify the boot file at Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and it says to add this line

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>idlehalt=0</string> or disable one core <string>cpus=1</string>

This worked and my audio has not been choppy since i added this line. However, adding this line to the boot file causes my laptop to randomly shut down. It only allows the system to be up for about 10 or 15 minutes. When i remove these 2 lines from my boot file, my computer will stay on and not turn off randomly. I thought it was turning off because my computer was getting to hot but i installed a temperature monitor and it would turn off around 45 degrees Celsius but the temperature now is 51 degrees and it works fine so i eliminated that. Does anybody have any idea why those lines added to the boot file would cause my laptop to shut down? I appreciate your time and for helping me out.