Dell Latitude D620 won't start after 10.6.5 Update installed.

timbojill

5 posts in this topic

What do I do now. I use my hackintosh for school. I did a Time Machine Backup of all 70 GB's. But if I cant get it to boot then what ? I tried -v and -x to try to go into verbos mode but error keeps popping up. I reseeted the RAM chips also.

Here is the first line of the panic.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2ab790): Version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM"@/SOURCECACHE

I don't know the particulars, but you'd better get nawcom's boot disk. That should let you either boot a MacOS retail CD or get you into the command line to roll back the kernel. The image comes with a the legacy and modbin kernels. Until someone smarter comes on to correct me, that's what I'd do. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how do I rolll back the kernel ?

dude, don't panic.

first things first, you can easily access time machine to do a restore from your osx install dvd/usb or what have you. Boot from it, and under utilities you will see time machine.

Second, you probably don't need to do all that. Do you use sleepenabler.kext?

if so, this is a common error when upgrading to 10.6.5. There are different versions of sleep enabler for 10.6.x, 10.6.4, and 10.6.5.

If you are using sleepenabler, you can get the updated one here: rals2007's post with updated sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.5 and older

replacing the old sleep enabler in your /extra folder then fixing permissions should take care of the KP for you and hopefully avoid a long restore process.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
dude, don't panic.

first things first, you can easily access time machine to do a restore from your osx install dvd/usb or what have you. Boot from it, and under utilities you will see time machine.

Second, you probably don't need to do all that. Do you use sleepenabler.kext?

if so, this is a common error when upgrading to 10.6.5. There are different versions of sleep enabler for 10.6.x, 10.6.4, and 10.6.5.

If you are using sleepenabler, you can get the updated one here: rals2007's post with updated sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.5 and older

replacing the old sleep enabler in your /extra folder then fixing permissions should take care of the KP for you and hopefully avoid a long restore process.

Good luck.

How do you fix permissions ? I am a new when it comes to hackintosh.