almost perfect MSI U100 install!

Sly2k5

2 posts in this topic

Ok.. after a long while trying to install a perfect OSX on this netbook, I got got a almost perfect OSX netbook.

you need:

1- MSIWindosx86.iso (google it)

2- Realtek_RTL8187SE_MacOS10.5_Driver_073_UI_1.6.2.zip (to get the WIFI running) I just wish there was a way to make it run in the background at boot..

3- MacOSXUpd10.5.7.dmg (from apple) then after a reboot use a USB/Keyboard until running the patch, it will also fix the 800X600 display. (upgraded from 10.5.4 to 10.5.8 ok)

4- MSi OSX86 Upgrade Pack v1.5.zip

and follow the order to install.

at upgrade patch, it will warn you that things will go wrong... it did not..

the only things not working is the headphone & mic jack.. Oh! well.. even the webcam works!

btw, I have a legit copy of OSX...

So.. here you go. I don't take credit for this... for someone else has work hard..

please pass the knowledge.

and if you like your Mac, support Apple by buying their product!...

MSi_OSX86_Upgrade_Pack_v1.5.zip

Realtek_RTL8187SE_MacOS10.5_Driver_073_UI_1.6.2.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Ok.. after a long while trying to install a perfect OSX on this netbook, I got got a almost perfect OSX netbook.

you need:

1- MSIWindosx86.iso (google it)

2- Realtek_RTL8187SE_MacOS10.5_Driver_073_UI_1.6.2.zip (to get the WIFI running) I just wish there was a way to make it run in the background at boot..

3- MacOSXUpd10.5.7.dmg (from apple) then after a reboot use a USB/Keyboard until running the patch, it will also fix the 800X600 display. (upgraded from 10.5.4 to 10.5.8 ok)

4- MSi OSX86 Upgrade Pack v1.5.zip

and follow the order to install.

at upgrade patch, it will warn you that things will go wrong... it did not..

the only things not working is the headphone & mic jack.. Oh! well.. even the webcam works!

btw, I have a legit copy of OSX...

So.. here you go. I don't take credit for this... for someone else has work hard..

please pass the knowledge.

and if you like your Mac, support Apple by buying their product!...

BTW: I can't figure now how to get the headphone & wakeup mode to work...

Anyone has figured that one out?

Thanks.