RETAIL SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.6 on HP DV6000/DV9000/HDX16/HDX18

Newman Cook

4 posts in this topic

*Hardware list:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (10DE:0649)

Chipset: Intel ICH9M

Network: Realtek 8186C/8111C (10EC:8186)

Sound: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

Wireless: Intel Wifi 5100

Card Reader: JMB 38x Controller

HP Webcam

1. What you need:

(Alternate download location: www.onetimesales.com/drivers/macosx)

*Get a copy of Snow Leopard RETAIL 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 DVD

*Download Nawcom Mod CD v.0.3 and burn to CD: blog.nawcom.com/?p=306

*Download Chameleon bootload installer package: chameleon.osx86.hu

*Boot from Nawcom Mod CD, remove the CD, insert Snow Leopard DVD, press F5 and select Mac OSX Install disc, then follow the screen to complete Mac OSX installation.

*When the installation is finished, boot from Nawcom Mod CD again, select your Mac OSX hard drive, wait until everything shows up, run Chameleon installation. Restart computer and you can boot directly from the hard drive without Nawcom CD.

*Download Snow Leopard Update 10.6.4 from Apple website and install it to your hard drive. Do not restart yet.

*Extract file Extra1064.zip and copy folder Extra to the root of your hard drive

*Restart the computer and enjoy fully working SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.4

(To update directly from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5, download the update 10.6.5 from Apple website and run install. Before restarting, go to /System/Library/Extensions folder and delete AppleProfileFamily.kext)

2. Install drivers:

(Alternate download location: www.onetimesales.com/drivers/macosx)

-Video card: automatically detected and set up by Mac OSX

-Network card: download the driver for Mac OSX from realtek website (www.realtek.com.tw) for Realtek 8186C card. Install the driver and you are ready to use wired connection

-Intel Wireless card: 5100 series not working at this time. If you have older series (2200, 3945, 4965) you can try the latest beta drivers from www.onetimesales.com/drivers/macosx/network

Try Airlink USB Wireless G adapter for $10 which uses Realtek chipset, fast and easy to install. You can also get a wireless N USB card for around $25. Contact me for more details if insterested.

-Sound card: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

*Download and try VoodooHDA-2.7.1.pkg.zip or VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg.zip from http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

-JMicron Card Reader: Download VoodooSDHC package and install

-Other devices: HP Webcam should work out-of-the-box.

3. Make a backup image for your OSX hard drive or partition as it helps a lot for testing new drivers or updates

I have an HDX 16 laptop and your method works up until I install certain drivers. The OSX laptop will not come out of the OS loading screen after a reboot. Which forces me to reformat. It has happened with some other updates but one I do remember is the GeForce drivers. Since the laptop is stuck at a 4:3 resolution and it does not detect the display, I tried the GeForce drivers in the drivers link you posted. A 9600M is in the laptop.

The system also did not reboot correctly after an OS update. I installed using a 10.6.3 retail disc.

Hi,

thanks for your guide.

A couple things are needed to be corrected though :

1) May you be a bit more precise on the file to download ? You pointed to a directory where there are several directories inside and in each one, there are a lot of subfolders and files inside. Can you please be precise on the path and file to download ?

2) Can you please modify the topic to the right one : RETAIL SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.5 on HP DV6000... , since we are talking about snow leopard and not leopard ? 10.5.6 is an old leopard version ...

Thanks!

Mal

I've since cleared up the Nvidia 9600M problem by updating to 10.6.5 and installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Audio, proper display resolution and mouse input are all fixed and usable now. Since doing this the keyboard has stopped responding. Forward 3 steps, back one. I'm going to search and dig to see what can fix this but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'll appreciate it.