Compatability

Naught405

3 posts in this topic

Hey, first of let me just say i'm new to this whole hackintosh thing. I'm originally a windows user and system builder/overclocker and now have a system running Win7 and Ubuntu 10.10 and would like to throw OSX into the mix. I just have no idea if its possible with my hardware. Below you will find my system specs in order of importance (in regards to this project). Any info/links on any specific piece of hardware is appreciated.

System:

nForce 780i SLI mobo (most important)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9600 (slightly OCed at 3.06Ghz)

8GB DDR2 Memory (800 OCed to just under 1066)

GTX 285 Graphics card.

2x 500GB WD Caviar Blues

1x 1.5TB WD Caviar Green

LG DVD Drive (not important)

Hey, first of let me just say i'm new to this whole hackintosh thing. I'm originally a windows user and system builder/overclocker and now have a system running Win7 and Ubuntu 10.10 and would like to throw OSX into the mix. I just have no idea if its possible with my hardware. Below you will find my system specs in order of importance (in regards to this project). Any info/links on any specific piece of hardware is appreciated.

System:

nForce 780i SLI mobo (most important)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9600 (slightly OCed at 3.06Ghz)

8GB DDR2 Memory (800 OCed to just under 1066)

GTX 285 Graphics card.

2x 500GB WD Caviar Blues

1x 1.5TB WD Caviar Green

LG DVD Drive (not important)

Others have successfully installed Leopard.........see here........once you have Leopard installed and running OK then see my Snow Leopard Retail Install guide....... :angel: