Mac OS X on a Acer 5745G

Nick vezmar

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

So I just purchased a brand new laptop called the Acer Aspire 5745G-7671, and I've been trying most every outlet to put OS X on this, but I seem to be running into some troubles.

The specs are as follows:

Intel Core i3-370M Processor

PM55 Chipset

4GB DDR3 SDRAM

500GB Hard Drive

Double Layer DVD±RW Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 420M (switchable with Intel HD)

Atheros WiFi + Ethernet

I tried a retail Snow Leopard install (with 10.6.3), and basically I can't get the thing to boot without going into safe mode, a non-safe mode boot gives me a KP. Verbose mode gives me some random codes, and when looked up most forums point to bad RAM. Also won't let me boot without a ForceWake=y at the Chameleon menu.

I tried iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite, and it would boot and install just fine, however video is not working and any outlet has basically sent it into a KP. iAtkos just will not boot at all, neither will iPC.

Both POST Diagnostics show that there was a RAM failure. I ran a memtest for about 6 hours, with nothing being found, so I was highly doubting RAM. But with all these circumstances, I'm starting to think it's a RAM issue.

Any opinions?