can u use ilok reset along with legit ilok plugins?

jusjammin

6 posts in this topic

hello to all

does anyone know if u can safely use ilok tiger reset 0.3.2 (with waves 5.2 ,for instance) without messing up legit ilok plugins? i'm using logic and pthd thank u

All ilok tiger reset is supposed to do is wipe all record of software iLoks. If you have legit hardware iLoks they will not be affected, however all software ones will be wiped and you will need to re-register all your plugs. However, if you use plugins such as altiverb it gets complicated as for every re-installation you need to enter the deactivation key of the last installation. This is impossible if you use iLok Tiger Reset as you dont get a deactivation key!!

I would STRONGLY advise against using iLok tiger reset at all as it not only resets your iLoks but also deletes all preferance files and a lot of invisible ones too. Ive heard about people losing a lot of data and projects through this program, so its up to you if you want to risk it. My personal experience with it is the loss of several logic projects as well as it wiping all my user account preferences (right down to resetting my dock icons and position to default).

-JD-

• 8 months later...

I too tried to use the ilok tiger reset and after I used it, everything legit got wiped and then my protools wouldn't launch. I don't know exactly what happened but the ilok reset trashed something. All of my software worked except protools, I tried to reinstall protools, I tried to reinstall my OS X without erasing the drive and starting over and nothing worked. I ended up having to back up all my stuff on my Boot Drive, do a complete OS X reinstall and wipe the boot drive when I reinstalled. Then reinstall all of my programs and get back up to date. Then reinstall and authorize all of my plugs. So, be very cautious of the ilok tiger reset! Just thought I would give a heads up!