tri boot working now,xp,vista,macOSx86

mac-user

2 posts in this topic

i manage now to successfully tri boot xp.vista and OSX86.I used the vista boot loader to do so.coupled with the darwin loader.with default booting into xp.works great.does anyone no if there is a way to change the generic load screen from the boot earlier version of windows to something in the line of naming it windows xp.and the generic boot windows to say like vista?also i got all these running on an acer 5672 aspire laptop.i need a realtek audio driver any suggestions.also i tried to load the ati x1600 driver for this laptop to work with osx86 and then when i reboot the OS86 desktop would never load.any suggestions?

ok i finally figure it out .i just edit the BCDEDIT.EXE. after copying from the vista system32 folder into the xp system32 folder.its easier to edit from there.bypasses all this vista adminstator privilege {censored}.another good tool that not comand line based is vistabootPRO.NOW IF I CAN JUST GET MY WIRELESS WORKING.

• 8 months later...

Have you answer below. Could you please give me more details on how you did your triboot. I have a dualcore pc with xp & vista installed. I want to install osx on a second clean harddrive and then triboot. Please let me know if you have directions to do so.

Use EasyBCD by NeoSmart Technologies. EasyBCD offers a GUI frontend to BCDEDIT. xp_vista5.article-width.jpg

Once Vista is installed, call up the browser and navigate to the EasyBCD download page and download it to your Vista PC

xp_vista6.article-width.jpg

Install EasyBCD to your Vista system and launch the application.

xp_vista7.article-width.jpg

To configure the bootloader go to "Configure Boot" – you'll see the two entries, for XP and Vista.

xp_vista8.article-width.jpg

xp_vista9.article-width.jpg

To change the name of Windows XP, just overwrite "Earlier Version of Windows" with "Windows XP" and click Save Settings.

i manage now to successfully tri boot xp.vista and OSX86.I used the vista boot loader to do so.coupled with the darwin loader.with default booting into xp.works great.does anyone no if there is a way to change the generic load screen from the boot earlier version of windows to something in the line of naming it windows xp.and the generic boot windows to say like vista?also i got all these running on an acer 5672 aspire laptop.i need a realtek audio driver any suggestions.also i tried to load the ati x1600 driver for this laptop to work with osx86 and then when i reboot the OS86 desktop would never load.any suggestions?

ok i finally figure it out .i just edit the BCDEDIT.EXE. after copying from the vista system32 folder into the xp system32 folder.its easier to edit from there.bypasses all this vista adminstator privilege {censored}.another good tool that not comand line based is vistabootPRO.NOW IF I CAN JUST GET MY WIRELESS WORKING.