Installing Snow Leopard OS X on HP Pavilion dm4 Laptop

jchiera

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I was received an HP Pavilion dm4 series laptop for my Birthday last summer and I thought to myself that it looked like a MacBook. So I finally decided that I wanted to try to install Snow Leopard on it. So I have downloaded a .dmg file of Snow Leopard Server edition and just regular Snow Leopard. I burnt the server edition for a DL DVD because it is equivalent to a 64 Bit Windows OS and the DVD is bootable. I have found this guide here and it claims that it is easy and it's known as the "Retail method" of installation, which is the most trusted. So I put the Image of SL Server on the flash drive and the flash drive is bootable now. The only thing I am not sure about is, if my laptop is 100% compatible or if it will even work. I have tried searching on google and I found some sites with compatible components for OSx86, but I couldnt find any Server edition sites. Here is a list of my system specs for my Laptop.

SYSTEM SPECS:

-Processor:

Intel® Core i5-430M Dual Core processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.53GHz

-Graphics:

Intel® HD Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

-Memory:

Samsung 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)

Serial Number: 47A88D54

Part Number: M471B5673FH0-CH9

-HDD:

500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

-Optical Drive

SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

-Netowrking:

Broadcom 4313AGN 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter (Wireless)

Integrated 10/100/1000Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 connect (NIC Card)

-Audio:

Dolby audio + Altec Lansing speakers

-Chipset:

Intel HM55 Express

-Motherboard:

Hewlett-Packard 146A KBC Version 58.1A

I hope that this is enough information, if more is needed please let me know. I want to thank you for reading my post and making a reply that will hopefully help me solve this issue.

-Thank You

jchiera

Is anyone able to help me out? Please?