Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Rev 1.4

burns154

25 posts in this topic

I am having trouble getting the sound to work on my motherboard.

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93Ghz

Realtek ALC888b

Intel GMA X4500

I already know that the graphics won't have QE/CI. I am looking for help on installing that will enable my audio. I tried VoodooHDA and that crashed my system. I tried the Legacy + AppleHDA 10.6.2 + DSDT, but it came to the result of showing up in the system profiler, but I had no outputs.

I'm not exactly sure what I am supposed to do. The only thing in the zip were kexts. Do I somehow apply the kexts to the DSDT, or is that what the video is for? I'm sorry I'm new to hackintosh. I'm not sure what I am doing most of the time.

I'm not exactly sure what I am supposed to do. The only thing in the zip were kexts. Do I somehow apply the kexts to the DSDT, or is that what the video is for? I'm sorry I'm new to hackintosh. I'm not sure what I am doing most of the time.

WoW

No problems

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

the DSDT will be generated in user folder

send me

do not install anything, send me the DSDT and wait

I'll send you the folder extra

Ok?

:(

had fixs the DSDT, I just completed with the missing

1-Install Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r599

2-Copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

3-Copy AppleHda ---> System/Library/Extensions

4-Run on terminal

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot

-v

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aua8zw

I am just going to say that I finally got the audio working! I did the following to enable the audio.

1. Downloaded VooDooHDA and Prefs Pane, I will post it below.

2. Downloaded KextHelper from http://cheetha.net/

3. Install VooDooHDA with KextHelper.

4. Double click the VoodooHDA prefs pane to install it. It should open up and give a few errors, that is normal just click "OK"

5. Put VooDooHDAHelper in the Utilities folder. Then add it to start up folder. /System/Library/StartupItems/

6. Remove any conflicting kexts like AppleHDA, HDAEnabler, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, however it is alright to keep AppleFWAudio.

7. Reboot and hope that it works.

VooDooHDA.zip

• 2 weeks later...
had fixs the DSDT, I just completed with the missing

1-Install Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r599

2-Copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

3-Copy AppleHda ---> System/Library/Extensions

4-Run on terminal

Reboot

-v

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aua8zw

Hi , I have Gigabyte G41-ES2L Rev 1.4 (BIOS ver F9) too. I download the stuff you give and follow your instruction install it , but Audio still NOT work, a lot of Sound assert in kernel.log.

System Preferences=>Sound=>No input/output Device found

System Profiler=>Audio(Built In)=>

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 887

Available Devices:

Speaker:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone:

Line In:

Headphone:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Combo

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Combo

Sound assert

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPath.cpp" at line 1155 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != pathSet->getWidgetAmplifierGainRange ( &zeroValue, &minValue, &maxValue, &minDB, &maxDB, kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 329 goto handler

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPath.cpp" at line 1155 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != pathSet->getWidgetAmplifierGainRange ( &zeroValue, &minValue, &maxValue, &minDB, &maxDB, kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 329 goto handler

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "false == pathSet->isAmplifierGainAdjustable ( kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 5399 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 5352 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != configureDSPForAppleHDAPathSet ( pathSet, false )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 565 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1709 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:01 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:02 AM kernel NTFS volume name Hitachi01, version 3.1.

11/4/10 4:21:03 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPath.cpp" at line 1155 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:03 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != pathSet->getWidgetAmplifierGainRange ( &zeroValue, &minValue, &maxValue, &minDB, &maxDB, kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 329 goto handler

11/4/10 4:21:03 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPath.cpp" at line 1155 goto Exit

11/4/10 4:21:03 AM kernel Sound assertion "0 != pathSet->getWidgetAmplifierGainRange ( &zeroValue, &minValue, &maxValue, &minDB, &maxDB, kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 329 goto handler

CPU: Intel E5400

RAM: DDR2 800 512MBx2

HD: HITACHI HDS721010CLA332 1TB

MB:Gigabyte G41-ES2L Rev 1.4 (BIOS ver F9)

Audio: Realtek ALC888b

Video: ATI 3650HD PCIE 256MB (Driver: RadeonHD.kext)

Network: RTL8111E (Driver: RealtekRTL81xx.kext by lnx2mac v0.0.67)

PS: I have to boot with arch=i386 , because I use RadeonHD.kext. If boot without arch=i386, it will be stuck after a lot of Sound Assertion.

I upload G411M-ES2L_rev1.4_bios_F9_untouched.zip , untouched dsdt and audio codec in it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

G411M_ES2L_rev1.4_bios_F9_untouched.zip

I upload G411M-ES2L_rev1.4_bios_F9_untouched.zip

Folder Extra

twilight.lee.zip

AppleHda in System/Library/Extensions

after

Run on terminal

Look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

Folder Extra

twilight.lee.zip

AppleHda in System/Library/Extensions

after

Run on terminal

Look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

I did exactly what you told.

But unfortunately, same result, still not working. It's seemed I need do more research.

MaLd0n , Thank you anyway.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

My config:

G41M-ES2L Rev. 1.4

C2D E7500

Asus 8400GS

I tried to patch my dsdt file, the only thing I can't make is: patching it with my video card data.

With my dsdt I'm not able to get my video card working (only 1024x768).

The other problem is with booting from hard drive. Now I'm only able to boot from the EFI boot CD, and then boot the hard drive.

And in that case the most annoying thing is that If I boot normal, I only get a blue screen (but the system is up in the background), and if I boot with Verbose, screen is ok.

I would be very pleased if someone could help me.

I can get all the data required. But it would be the best if someone could show me how to do it correctly.

Thanks for the replies...

Norbert

in com.apple.Boot.plist there's this row?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

it's the only mod that i make for 8400gs

Bye

1. Still no luck... installed NVEnabler 64.kext now screen is ok, but only if I boot with -v otherwise blue screen :)

2. the voodoohda /voodoohdaenabler solution worked for sound except that audio inputs are listed, but nothing recorded :(

3. and still can't boot from hard drive... gives kernel panic, screen captured, if someone can help me I'll send the image.

Please help me! :(

Thanks,

Norbert.

Do you know what happened to ridgel1ne.com? It gives a 404 error page.

I was searching for a DSDT patch txt for E7500 CPU and 8400GS but every link goes to ridgel1ne's page.

I only have the E7300 txt... can this be used for patching?

How can I make a patching txt for my 8400GS?

Sorry for my (for some people) silly questions, but I'm new to hackintosh, but I keep on getting the sytem perfect ;)

Thank you all!

I'm not sure what happened to his website. It might be on his post installer. If you need it I can probably upload it for you.

If you are having trouble, try making a bootable EFI partition and install Chameleon and copy the over some important kexts that you may need in order to boot into the E/E in the EFI partition.

I'm not sure what happened to his website. It might be on his post installer. If you need it I can probably upload it for you.

If you are having trouble, try making a bootable EFI partition and install Chameleon and copy the over some important kexts that you may need in order to boot into the E/E in the EFI partition.

First of all... Thanks for the reply :)

The facts:

- previously I used the GA G41M ES2L PATCHES.txt on my extracted dsdt and I don't remember if it has contained any patch about the processor... I have an E7500 and I can't find a specific patch txt (only for E7300). If you have a patch for it, I would appreciate it.

- about the ridgel1ne installer... It is better to have it than only hear about it :) So would you upload it somewhere?

- 8400GS dsdt patch... any suggestions (my osx only starts in -v mode and only NVEnabler 64 works for now)

- audio... voodoohdaenabler works, sound inputs present but no input level, so no skype usage :) the other solution (AppleHDA) made me a very-very noisy output and microphone input feedback.

- hard disk boot: I made a screenshot, I'll post here, probably someone knows the reason of the panic.

Norbert.

post-717723-1295855239_thumb.jpg

Alright. For your graphics you just need to use Graphics Enabler in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

<string>y</string>

I have attached the installer. It does include an E7300 DSDT. Hope it helps. Before installing I recommend removing the VoodooHDA.

Gigabyte_G41M_ES2L_Post_Installer_v2.3.mpkg.zip

Alright. For your graphics you just need to use Graphics Enabler in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

<string>y</string>

I have attached the installer. It does include an E7300 DSDT. Hope it helps. Before installing I recommend removing the VoodooHDA.

Gigabyte_G41M_ES2L_Post_Installer_v2.3.mpkg.zip

Installed...

now boot from hard drive gives me the 'please restart your computer' screen ^_^

with the dsdt audio present as Intel High Definition Audio (Audio ID: 887) but no sound input and output in system preferences (so driver is not working)

GraphicsEnabler not working... the only solution is NVEnabler, but in that case only -v working.

If removing NVEnabler only 1024x768, but can boot without -v

Starting to think that I'm doing something wrong ^_^

My friend has another 8400GS, maybe I try that one...

Any other ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance.

Norbert

Put these files in your Extra/Extensions folder.

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

GigabyteALC88b6Ch.kext.zip

Try installing the new RC5 Chameleon with a set boot resolution and the graphics enabler.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Hi!

Tried the above, still no luck.

But... After trying several things and reading other forums too, I found that I had a dsmos.kext in /S/L/E and a fakSMC.kext in /E/E, after removing the dsmos.kext booting from hdd gave me other result, I attach the image.

Other thing (if I hadn't mentioned earlier), that I have 10.6.6 system.

Question:

Can you send me a complete list of the files in /S/L/E, and /E/E, because I think, that I have more files there that I need. Or can I get a complete compressed folder? Maybe I can find out what is wrong here :whistle:

Thank you,

Norbert.

post-717723-1296500103_thumb.jpg

Finally made it :)

- boot without cd

- boot without '-v'

- audio working with the kext from the latest post

Solution:

- removed dsmos.kext, and LegacyAppleRTC.kext, fakeSMC.kext is enough :)

But...

- still using NVEnabler, I try to get rid of it later...

- Is there any way to turn of hearing my own voice in the sound output? If I toggle microphone input high I get echoing, and It is so irritating.

Thank you,

Norbert.

Sorry, I can't help you much with the input. I have tried to get it to work, but sadly I couldn't. Though what I have done is use a Webcam Mic. I bought a Logitech C310 and used that as the input device. Everything now works on my machine. Maybe you should look into that or look around more for the ALC888B for input.

• 2 weeks later...