HELP! Trying to Install Snow Leopard OSX86 on AMD X6/MSI 770/ATI 4890

simeonipicker

5 posts in this topic

Hi All!

This is not one of the posts where I've just tried nothing and am asking for you to spoon feed me, I'm a pretty experienced IT Technician and do have both Windows, Linux and Unix skills.

So my goal is to get the latest working Snow Leopard Level working on my PC, which consists of:

AMD X6 1090t

4GB Corsair DDR3

MSI 770-C45

Right, so I downloaded iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 PPF5 Final and booted up, got to the installer, formatted a 20GB partition(Just to test) on my Win7 PC in ACHI mode.

Installed with the following:

- Voodoo Kernel

- Natit Video Driver

- VIA/SIS/Marvell/SB Chipset Drivers

- Realtek R1000 Network Driver

Then for applications:

- Marvins AMD Utillity

- EFI Studio

- OSx86 Tools Utillity

Anyway, everything installed great. Rebooted and got into the OS.

I attempt to do a software update to the latest OS level and it downloads and installs fine, but on reboot it just hangs at the grey Apple screen.

Am I missing something here? I'm not sure why it's doing it......

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards

Hi All!

This is not one of the posts where I've just tried nothing and am asking for you to spoon feed me, I'm a pretty experienced IT Technician and do have both Windows, Linux and Unix skills.

So my goal is to get the latest working Snow Leopard Level working on my PC, which consists of:

AMD X6 1090t

4GB Corsair DDR3

MSI 770-C45

Right, so I downloaded iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 PPF5 Final and booted up, got to the installer, formatted a 20GB partition(Just to test) on my Win7 PC in ACHI mode.

- Voodoo Kernel

- Natit Video Driver

Then for applications:

- Marvins AMD Utillity

- EFI Studio

- OSx86 Tools Utillity

I attempt to do a software update to the latest OS level and it downloads and installs fine, but on reboot it just hangs at the grey Apple screen.

Regards

Yea you got yourself a kernel update and it wiped out your bootloader. Install Chameleon to the MBR of your hard drive.

Yea you got yourself a kernel update and it wiped out your bootloader. Install Chameleon to the MBR of your hard drive.

Hmmm... It has been brought to my attention that you might've wiped out the Voodoo Kernel which came with your iPC when you installed the update.

I forget who sent me the message, but he's right. If you got a Kernel update you'll need to install a Voodoo Kernel from somewhere.

It wouldn't have gotten to the Apple screen if it wiped out your bootloader. I spoke too soon. Make a little search for the lasest Voodoo Kernel. I think it's XNU 9.5.0

I would refresh your iPC install. Run that combo update again, and then before rebooting run the Voodoo XNU 9.5.0 package. Should work. I'm not as adept at 10.5 as i am at 10.6 though. Nor AMD as I am at Intel.

Sorry for my mispeak.

Hmmm... It has been brought to my attention that you might've wiped out the Voodoo Kernel which came with your iPC when you installed the update.

I forget who sent me the message, but he's right. If you got a Kernel update you'll need to install a Voodoo Kernel from somewhere.

It wouldn't have gotten to the Apple screen if it wiped out your bootloader. I spoke too soon. Make a little search for the lasest Voodoo Kernel. I think it's XNU 9.5.0

I would refresh your iPC install. Run that combo update again, and then before rebooting run the Voodoo XNU 9.5.0 package. Should work. I'm not as adept at 10.5 as i am at 10.6 though. Nor AMD as I am at Intel.

Sorry for my mispeak.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them tonight. So as soon as I update I'll re install the 9.5 Voodo kernel before I reboot.. Is that what you are saying?

Regards

• 2 months later...
Hi All!

AMD X6 1090t

4GB Corsair DDR3

MSI 770-C45

- Voodoo Kernel

- Natit Video Driver

Then for applications:

- Marvins AMD Utillity

- EFI Studio

- OSx86 Tools Utillity

Regards

Hi there, could you please tell me what you did to get booted up into the installer? I also have a 1090t and an iPC disk but am unable to get it into the installer!

Thanks a lot!