Chameleon Freezes on 10.5.7 iDeneb Load

XxEddy123xX

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am (trying) to multi-boot

-2 Copies of Windows 7 (Home Premium and Ultimate)

-iDeneb 10.5.7

-Ubuntu 10.10

I am a bit of a n00b but I have successfully multi-booted multiple copies of Windows 7 and Linux before, and have successfully booted into iDeneb using the installation disk to load it (after installing it)

I am using a HP Pavillion P6512UK. With AMD Quad Core, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB.

This is what I have tried multiple times:

Starting with a blank, but partitoned HDD:

1) I installed iDeneb. Selected the 9.70 kernel Qoopz and selected the Chameleon V2 Bootloader.

2) Then installed Windows 7 Ultimate.

3)I then installed EasyBCD and added MacOSX EFI to the Windows 7 Boot Menu.

4) Then on rebooting there was the Windows Bootloader, with the choice of Win 7 or MacOSX.

6) On loading OSX, and selecting the Mac Partition all text would dissapear from the top left of the screen, with only the grey background and the lizard on the stick at the top being left. I left it for ages, and nothing happened :\

I know Chameleon is a bootloader, but I am unsure where it should go. And I have no idea what EFI is, and I definitely don't have an EFI partition if I should

Could someone please explain what I need to do to get this working, how to install the bootloader is what I think I need to do, but then again I'm a bit of a n00b ;)

I have a copy of Acronis Disk Director, which includes Acronis OS Selector. It works alright, and if possible I would like to fit this in as my main bootloader.

To sum it all up I would like to have Acronis OS Selector as my primary bootloader with an option to load:

-Windows 7 Ultimate

-Windows 7 Home Premium

-Mac OSx86 (iDeneb)

-Ubuntu 10.10

-(optionally) Fedora 13 and Mandriva

Thanks a lot,

Perhaps that post was bit too long :P

XxEddy123xX