need some help please changing en0 to en1

7 posts in this topic

i have a broadcom wireless 4311 g/b mini-pci in my laptop. It looks like it's gonna work but I need to change en0 to en1. Does anyone know how to change this 10.4.6? I can't seem to figure it out and everything i see for 10.4.5 is different. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You might have success with this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=147548

Afterwards, run Disk Utility and repair permissions to be safe.

ya i've seen that post but there is no such file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and i've checked everything thats in system configuration and there is nothing with en0 and en1. I think in 10.4.6 they changed things around a little. Does anyone know how to fix my problem? any help is appreciated

It is very specific to your computer, I think the OS generates it based on what it finds. I have 2 built-in ethernet ports, so my airport is en2 and one of the ethernet ports is en1.

In SystemConfiguration:

com.apple.Boot.plist

preferences.plist

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

i have all the other files besides networkinterfaces.plist, when installing it asked me to setup network config; letting me change dhcp and if i want to static. i think this hot iso 10.4.6 dvd sucks. i'm gonna try my jas 10.4.5 when i get back home tonight. i'll see what that does. thanks