AMD64 Motherboard Recommendations?

2 posts in this topic

I just bought an ASrock 939SLI32-eSATA2, and can't get the FSB past 240, nor volts past 1.40 without a voltmod. (...not acceptable ASrock... :) ). So, I'm going to RMA the board and buy something new.

Any up to date recommendations on chipsets, etc for running this with OSX? It must be compatible with an 4200+ x2 CPU, must have firewire, and must be able to overclock better than the ASrock (decent FSB, volts, stability).

I've looked through the compatible hardware lists, but can't form a good overall recommendation from them. Any help would be enormously appreciated.

I just bought an ASrock 939SLI32-eSATA2, and can't get the FSB past 240, nor volts past 1.40 without a voltmod. (...not acceptable ASrock... :D ). So, I'm going to RMA the board and buy something new.

Any up to date recommendations on chipsets, etc for running this with OSX? It must be compatible with an 4200+ x2 CPU, must have firewire, and must be able to overclock better than the ASrock (decent FSB, volts, stability).

I've looked through the compatible hardware lists, but can't form a good overall recommendation from them. Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Bah.

Nevermind.

I'm sending everything back, including the new CPU, and going back to the specs in my sig. The chip, as nice as it is, is just too buggy. I can't get it clocked over 2.4, but that's probably more the problem with the crappy motherboard.

Now I've got to figure out how to get 10.4.5/6/or7 running with SSE2 in order to get wireless for my wife. {censored}, ignore this thread, nevermind, nothing to see here... :D

Thank God for Newegg though.. taking back an opened, used motherboard and CPU with no restocking/shipping fees.