EBIOS read error: Error 0x01

HerX

3 posts in this topic

Heya, I know this is prolly the 100th thread about ebios errors, but I didn't find anything that would help me in all the other threads.

Short history: I managed to install iATKOS 10.6.3, updated to 10.6.4 with official mac update and all worked fine until a power loss. After that I can't start anything mac related, boot from hard drive, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], install discs are all no-go, I just get the EBIOS 0x01 and that's it, it repeats indefinitely.

I'm using DFI LanParty DK X48-T2RS, got IDE dvd and installed SL to IDE hard drive.

As for the rest of the drives all are SATA, one of them is TB (I read somewhere that TB might be the cause, but if it is how come it worked before the crash).

So that's the data, now let's start cracking this beast, I'd really love to get my MAC back up and running.

Here's also a blurry picture of the error, what kind of problem thread would this be without one :)

post-160760-1286221351_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone cares, after investing some time into disassembling the PC I found what was the root cause of the issue, apparently the filesystem was broken beyond repair and for some reason it blocked everything that knew how to read HFS+

After deleting all partitions on the drive and reinstalling all works fine again.

• 1 month later...
In case anyone cares, after investing some time into disassembling the PC I found what was the root cause of the issue, apparently the filesystem was broken beyond repair and for some reason it blocked everything that knew how to read HFS+

After deleting all partitions on the drive and reinstalling all works fine again.

Hi i was thinking of getting this mobo what settings did you use

thanks t