problems with install on toshiba tecra a8 intel core t2400 945gm

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just signed up to get some help as I've been trying for a few days to hackintosh my toshiba tecra A8. I know it can run osx as I've read about people having success with similar latops. I've been through a lots of posts and I still cannot manage to boot into osx. I'm wondering what would be the best way to install osx on my toshiba tecra a8 as I've had no success with all my previous installs.

spec :

* Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2400-1.83GHz processor, 667MHz FSB

* L1 Cache 32KB/32KB (instruction/data), L2 Cache 2MB

* LCD Panel Resolution: 1280x800x16.7 million colours

* Integrated Intel 945GM

* sound : Realtek ALC-262-VB0-GR.

* Built-in Wireless LAN Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

* ACPI v1.0b, DDC, PnP, VESA, DPMS,

* SM BIOS v2.4, PCI BIOS Support V2.1. UPDATED to 3.0

I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported with great failure.

I managed to install via kalyway 10.5.1 but after the install I only see the grey apple logo for one second then the laptop reboots by itself.

So my question : What is my best option to go through this. What would be the best distribution that my have the minimum ketx to just boot in osx and work from there.

I also bought the latest retail dvd of osx snow....it's useless for now

Thank you for your help. I've already spent so much time on this lol.

• 9 years later...
On 10/8/2010 at 8:02 AM, undergoinglaptopsurgery said:

Ok, it's working ! Gotta find the right kexts now. I think it had something to do with disabling my second core.

Hey, could you help me? I have the same laptop but I cannot find the right kext...

Thanks