Booting up problem.

morphix

4 posts in this topic

hi.

i installed 10.4.6 JaS image and booted into it.. everything was going good, i installed the marvell yukon drivers then restarted. When the machine booted back up i went on the internet to look on how i could change the resolution. I followed the editing of.. /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and just put in

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

then i saved it then rebooted, now... there is only 1 error i can see which is display: wrong family specific or something similar to that.

now osx wont boot :P i tried using the installation disc to erase those 2 lines from the com.apple.Boot.plist file, except it seems there is no text editor accessable via the terminal on the install disc :/

ok i copied the Boot.plist file from the install cd over my editing one, so now i'm booted back into osx :P

i am trying to setup my ati radeon 9800 pro (256mb), i have looked through the wiki and forum but i cant seem to find where to locate the device id, etc. i am used to linux's lspci, etc.

Try using Apple's System Profiler:

Go to the Apple menu and select "About this Mac"

Click on "More info..."

In System Profiler, on the left, click on Graphics/Displays.

On the right, read Vendor and Device ID

Try using Apple's System Profiler:

Go to the Apple menu and select "About this Mac"

Click on "More info..."

In System Profiler, on the left, click on Graphics/Displays.

On the right, read Vendor and Device ID

yeah i found it, only thing is.. when following the ati guide.. when i hex edit the ATIRadeon9700 file and also text edit the Info.plist files.. they already have the values i have to add.. should i still do what the guide says? even tho its pretty much just overwriting other ati cards.