Rampage III Extreme Install Issue

Ace Raider

2 posts in this topic

There are folks that have sucessfully installed SL on the Rampage III Extreme out there, but alas there is no guide...

I have a working vanilla 10.6.4 install (from a Maximus Formula) that I'm using as the base. I'm doing this rather than a complete re-install because of all the {censored} I have installed already. In theory, I should be able to apply the new dsdt with the appropriate injected kexts and come out with a working install.

The problem is I get a kernel panic when fakesmc.kext tries to load with my newly extracted/patched dsdt. Can someone who has a working RIIIE dsdt share so I can do a compare?

Also, besides fakesmc and VoodooHDA, are there any other kexts required? Right now all I have in the extensions folder is fakesmc. My bootloader is BootThink.

Thanks,

ar

• 4 months later...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1639093

There are folks that have sucessfully installed SL on the Rampage III Extreme out there, but alas there is no guide...

I have a working vanilla 10.6.4 install (from a Maximus Formula) that I'm using as the base. I'm doing this rather than a complete re-install because of all the {censored} I have installed already. In theory, I should be able to apply the new dsdt with the appropriate injected kexts and come out with a working install.

The problem is I get a kernel panic when fakesmc.kext tries to load with my newly extracted/patched dsdt. Can someone who has a working RIIIE dsdt share so I can do a compare?

Also, besides fakesmc and VoodooHDA, are there any other kexts required? Right now all I have in the extensions folder is fakesmc. My bootloader is BootThink.

Thanks,

ar