Help with my Video-card and SnowLeo

koonibert333

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

Im totally new to the whole OSX86 project but i really appreciate the hard work in this community.

Last weekend i started installing SnowLeo on my Desktop PC and since then i used every free hour to work on it. Many things are working fine now but i cant get my graphics to work ...

I have two different cards here: An ATI HD4500 by Powercolor and an old Geforce6800 branded by Dell. I already tried so many things, like editing kext's and so on.. but as i said Im really new to this thing so im asking you guys for some help.

Could you tell me in some easy words how to install one of these cards in SnowLeopard.

i already spended many hours searching for myself in the www but now im stuck.

So thx for your help ;)

Jo.

Thx 3.14r I'll try this. I'd love to use my GF6800 because the ATI HD4850 is so damn loud ?! ô.ô

@AJHacks Thx for your comment! What do you mean with mobility ? Both Cards are normal Pci-Express Desktop Cards. Also your link is not working for me.

So thx Guys, im just reinstalling Snow and i'll comment here later if it works. =)

Btw, any other ideas i could try ?

EDIT: I just saw at "About this Mac > More Info" that my Geforce 6800 is recognized as "ATI Radeon HD 4890" ?! Can somebody tell my why ? And is this important ?

EDIT: So i installed NVEnabler with Kext Utility and edited the strings in NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40hal.kext.

The only change is that now after the famous Apple Bootscreen with the spinning wheel my Screen goes black and say "No Signal detected" and after this my pc restarts.

EDIT: So now i als otried NVinject and Natit.. none of them did work.

Any ideas ? I really need your help guys im totally lost. Any other possibilities to try ?

Well.. normally you should only install Nvenabler. In other words it should work on it's own. Do not install any other injecter at the same time.

Install :

Remove any injecter / GFX device property string / DSDT edit for GFX

Put the kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ or /Extra

Fix permissions in terminal and type : touch /System/Library/Extensions (do it again if you modify the plist).

You still need to put your device ID in NVDAResman.kext and NVDANVX0hal.kext (depending on the GPU generation).

Reboot.

Which version of NVEnabler you have used? The NVEnabler_64.kext worked with my card.

Also disable/remove ATI card, so there would be only one card left.

Well.. normally you should only install Nvenabler. In other words it should work on it's own. Do not install any other injecter at the same time.Which version of NVEnabler you have used? The NVEnabler_64.kext worked with my card.

Also disable/remove ATI card, so there would be only one card left.

I also used NVEnabler 64 and i didnt use more than one injector at the same time. I just used it together with NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40hal.kext.

Another strange thing i noticed is that when i instlal "NVDAResman.kext" edith with my strings I always get a black screen, without it i'm able to start but only in VGA 1024x768... damn. I guess my DVI and VGA Ports aren't working with it, because my screen says "No Signal" ...

Any ideas ?