Help getting Installation to Start

Cbajd5

2 posts in this topic

Well my computer came without a DVD drive (Only a basic CD Drive) so I went and bought the LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S USB Device. Now I am trying to use it to install Mac Osx86 from the drive and my BIOS won't let me boot form it. I have tried every Setting in the Boot menu and none of them let me use the drive, it just boots into windows.I am using a Dell Dimension 3000 with the latest BIOS (A03). Can someone tell me how to select it or if there is a program I can get for a CD that let's me choose it on startup? (not a Floppy Disk, there is no Floppy disk drive.) If this is in the wrong section or if it is breaking any rules, because I can't seem to find any rules page.

I could never get my Dell Dimension 8300 to boot from USB it has an option to boot from USB in the BIOS but it never does. Those external drives contain standard drives just open it and remove the drive and install it in your Dell, then after install reinstall it in the external case. The drive must be set to cable select, Dell's don't use master/slave only cable select.