10.4.6, Radeon 9200, wireless

Java Duke

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for asking the FAQ, but:

1) I have an ATI Radeon 9200 (devID: 5964). Is there any way to get 1600x1200x32 (I'm only getting 1280x1024 and it looks horrible on my LCD) ?

2) Is there any hack for wireless mini-PCI card? The system just doesn't see it...

I'll appreciate it if anyone can provide me with step-by-step guides for complete idiots like me :)

Thanks a lot!

1. The link doesn't work for me :)

2. It's the mini PCI card that comes with my MSI MEGA 865 barebone. In Windows device manager it just says "IEEE 802.11b MiniPCI Wireless network Adapter". The driver name is M2400.sys. Sorry, that's all I know :D

Guest goodtime

I have a ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 Video Card. Callisto 003 (Fixed version) works great for getting a native resolution. On some cards like the 7500, it is possible to get it to work the Callisto Framebuffer and get QE/CI/OpenGL Acceleration.

I've been only been able to get Callisto to work without ATI Accelerated driver. Using AGPGart.kext light, I can get my ATI 9200 recognized as a AGP 4x card. However, I haven't been able to get CallistoFB (i'ts the name of omni's Framebuffer.) Crash and burn with CallistoFB on my laptop.

Let me know if you get OpenGL Full acceleration to work. I have had good luck with 10.4.7 OpenGL.framework from Apple's Combo update (installed ATIRadeon8500 kext's using Pacifier.) However, it is still not hardware Accelerated [yet.]

For Wireless. Your best bet is to get a BELKIN Rev v4000 7050 Card and use ZD Wireless Drivers. Works almost completely out of the box. No complex hacking for Mac OS X 10.4.7. The drivers are on the HCL.

Goodtime

I have a ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 Video Card. Callisto 003 (Fixed version) works great for getting a native resolution. On some cards like the 7500, it is possible to get it to work the Callisto Framebuffer and get QE/CI/OpenGL Acceleration.

I've been only been able to get Callisto to work without ATI Accelerated driver. Using AGPGart.kext light, I can get my ATI 9200 recognized as a AGP 4x card. However, I haven't been able to get CallistoFB (i'ts the name of omni's Framebuffer.) Crash and burn with CallistoFB on my laptop.

Let me know if you get OpenGL Full acceleration to work. I have had good luck with 10.4.7 OpenGL.framework from Apple's Combo update (installed ATIRadeon8500 kext's using Pacifier.) However, it is still not hardware Accelerated [yet.]

For Wireless. Your best bet is to get a BELKIN Rev v4000 7050 Card and use ZD Wireless Drivers. Works almost completely out of the box. No complex hacking for Mac OS X 10.4.7. The drivers are on the HCL.

Goodtime

Yeah, the Callisto driver worked, but if I use one of the ATIRadeon9700 or ATIRadeon8500 with edited info.plist that includes my device id, I get kernel panic. So - no CL/QE, no OpenGL but it was recognized as an AGP card (I used hacked AppleI386PCI.kext). I don't care much about 3D or games, but I do need DVD playback.

Guest goodtime
Yeah, the Callisto driver worked, but if I use one of the ATIRadeon9700 or ATIRadeon8500 with edited info.plist that includes my device id, I get kernel panic. So - no CL/QE, no OpenGL but it was recognized as an AGP card (I used hacked AppleI386PCI.kext). I don't care much about 3D or games, but I do need DVD playback.

For me, getting OpenGL is more of completing a Challenge. That's really what OSX86 has been for me. I have always had Real Apples at home, but making a PC do what you want it to do, like running OSX86, is just cool.

My GMA900 PC was not as Challenging since everything worked out of the box. I use my PC Laptop more just to see if it will ever run OpenGL. For 10.4.4 and above, it won't. I saw someone with a 9200 that said they got 40 FPS on 10.4.3 with OpenGL, but having gotten any specifics [yet].