Broadcom N cardbus in PowerBook G4

banini_jeque

1 post in this topic

I saw this article on xlr8yourmac.com, which describes using a broadcom based PCI 802.11N card in a G5, and having it recognized as airport. So, I researched and found that the Linksys WPC600N and WPC300N cardbus cards both use broadcom, so I bought them both. The 600 already arrived so I tried it, and it works in Leopard on my 800Mhz Titanium, but not in Tiger on my 500Mhz Titanium. I could put Leopard on the 500, but I think it would be too slow. In the article with the G5, the guy used a Universal copy of Tiger Server, but there is no Universal Tiger Client that I know of. I tried installing the IO80211Family from the 10.4.11 Universal Server Combo update (using Pacifist), but it won't load, giving superclass incompatibility errors, which most likely means it needs some other kexts or something for dependencies. I tried putting in the IONetworkingFamily from the update as well, but it also gave superclass errors of it's own. I also tried installing all of the kexts from the update, but then it killed my whole system and I had to start over. Maybe I need the kernel from the server update too? Anyone else have any ideas? It shouldn't be too much unlike getting wireless working on a hackintosh in Tiger, so I've been perusing threads on that too.