iAtkos S3 v2 won't boot without usb drive

Maury84

4 posts in this topic

Hi all :unsure: ,

yesterday I've tried to install Snow Leopard on a desktop PC (by iAtkos S3 v2). The installation (via USB stick) ended successfully and after the reboot SL started without any problem.

At the second reboot, I've disconnected the usb drive used for the installation and...the Bootloader didn't start, and at the screen I saw only a blinking underscore, nothing else (no boot error messages, no warnings...).

So, I've reconnected the usb stick, and Chameleon started normally, and Snow Leopard booted up successfully again. Then, I've tried to install Chameleon manually, and after the reboot, I've got a KP (something involving the AppleCpuPowerManagement.kext).

I repeated all these steps three or four times (including re-formatting drives, re-installing, etc...) and now I stay with the usb connected.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Maurizio

P.S. forgive any "horror", I'm not english :)

yesterday I've tried to install Snow Leopard on a desktop PC (by iAtkos S3 v2). The installation (via USB stick) ended successfully and after the reboot SL started without any problem.

Hi!

How did You make bootable USB from ISO?

• 10 months later...

Are you sure you have installed your bootloader to your HD? 'Cause you are booting via the usb's bootloader. Or you can install it after you boot into the computer. I thought most of the distro have install the NullCPUPowerManagement. Look if there's a VoodooPower kext. It works great in MOST of the computer.