10.6 for AMD based machines?

Vinnie296

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Am very new hear and this is my first post. Have read a lot about this site and hence registered as a last hope for installing Ideneb on my AMD based machine.

My question is "Can 10.6 (Snow leopard) be installed on an AMD machine, if yes then what is the best way, fresh install or upgrade from 10.5.8. Please suggest.

Many Thanks.

I installed 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 on my AMD-Laptop.

For 10.6.2 i used the Hazard OSX...and for 10.6.3 iAtkos S3.

Hi Tadeus,

Could you pls pls share as to how u installed 10.6.3 using iAtkos S3, if you could please share any guide that you followed, that'll be really helpful. Its gonna be my first attempt towards this, so any special instructions that you followed, pls help.

Many Thanks

V

Hi Tadeus,

Could you pls pls share as to how u installed 10.6.3 using iAtkos S3, if you could please share any guide that you followed, that'll be really helpful. Its gonna be my first attempt towards this, so any special instructions that you followed, pls help.

Many Thanks

V

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201330

i use this guide from 10.6.0 then i decided to use 10.6.3 retail version and upgrade to 10.6.4 everything works so far and no error.

goodluck on your quest

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201330

i use this guide from 10.6.0 then i decided to use 10.6.3 retail version and upgrade to 10.6.4 everything works so far and no error.

goodluck on your quest

Thanks a ton,

However, this guide requires an installed 10.5.8, however, I havent even installed that either. Should I install that first and then move to snow leopard or can snow leopard be installed afresh?