CPU Disabled Error Message

2 posts in this topic

Alright so Ive pretty much tried everything (the darwin isos and now the unlocker, I also even reinstalled windows just in case I screwed anything else up)

so now on a fresh install of windows and workstation 7.1

I am getting the error message "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point. "

Workstation Configuration

Xeon x5650 2.67ghz

12GB RAM

Windows Ultimate 64bit

the processor does support VT and it is enabled under Bios

I have the retail cd of Mac OSX Snow Leopard Server 10.6.3. Pretty much the screen freezes with apple logo and then i get the message.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Alright so Ive pretty much tried everything (the darwin isos and now the unlocker, I also even reinstalled windows just in case I screwed anything else up)

so now on a fresh install of windows and workstation 7.1

I am getting the error message "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point. "

Workstation Configuration

Xeon x5650 2.67ghz

12GB RAM

Windows Ultimate 64bit

the processor does support VT and it is enabled under Bios

I have the retail cd of Mac OSX Snow Leopard Server 10.6.3. Pretty much the screen freezes with apple logo and then i get the message.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again

Surtur, We have posted a solution to the "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point." under 10.6.3 and Core i7 and Xeon E5600 series processors, link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1551966

Please post any responses regarding the solution in that topic, MSoK & Donk.