Ok BIG Problem!

jerryskate

4 posts in this topic

ok here it goes> i installed ox 10.4.4 on my pc and it worked great.. then yesterday i tried to fix the ati drivers and on reboot i get the apple and a never ending boot process.. i downloaded the 10.4.6 jas disk, but both that one the the 1.4.4 doesnt work longer than the first apple.. the diagnosis on them are the

"sam multimedia read or write failed , asc = 0x4 ,ascq =oxoo"

i know it kind a meand my drive cant read the media, but it has worked before..

i just tried to installed via vmware and i got to the installation and did that, then i got the b0 error

i think that means i need to flag the partition as active. anyways, at least the disks work.

i question, can i acces the harddrive with my native os x from the vmware os x? i have some

stuff there i would like to get back..

if get to the install screen i guess i can do a archive and install.. but how!

anybody have some pointers?

Thanx!

ok here it goes> i installed ox 10.4.4 on my pc and it worked great.. then yesterday i tried to fix the ati drivers and on reboot i get the apple and a never ending boot process.. i downloaded the 10.4.6 jas disk, but both that one the the 1.4.4 doesnt work longer than the first apple.. the diagnosis on them are the

"sam multimedia read or write failed , asc = 0x4 ,ascq =oxoo"

i know it kind a meand my drive cant read the media, but it has worked before..

i just tried to installed via vmware and i got to the installation and did that, then i got the b0 error

i think that means i need to flag the partition as active. anyways, at least the disks work.

i question, can i acces the harddrive with my native os x from the vmware os x? i have some

stuff there i would like to get back..

if get to the install screen i guess i can do a archive and install.. but how!

anybody have some pointers?

Thanx!

I think it should work if you add you real HFS+ partition in your VMware config.

Else you can use macdrive in Windows to access to your HFS+ partition.

At least you can mount the HFS+ partition with a linux live-CD an copy all your stuff to another disk.

ok so its possible with vmware? i´ll try it out! im new to the program but hey, some learning doesnt hurt.. :D

i tried macdrive but could not fins the drive.. might done it wrong, will try that too.

i have noo experience from linux... :)

if i boot mac os x native from vkware, can i do a archive and install so i have everythings left?

also, noby have any tips on a clean native installation of the 104.6 jas?

thanx for the help!

im tring macdrive 6 right now, but i cant se the mac harddrive.. ? im using it fron xp, and only time i can se the harddrive is when i choose create or change mac hard disk, i see it with a apple on it.

if anybody knows how to use macdrive to copy stuff from the macdrive to the windows one, please help me!

i´ll be you friend forever!