Problems with what I assume is my bootloader in dual booting Snow Leo and XP

Skeletor916

1 post in this topic

So apparently I can only post in this forum. Feel free to move it if you so desire.

Wanting to dual boot Snow Leo and XP on my HP Mini 311-1000NR. Read somewhere that this would work on a GPT partition table if XP was on the 4th partition. So I booted the Snow Leo disk and my partitions are as follows:

1) 200mb for the bootloader

2) ~75gb for Snow Leo

3) What is essentially a dummy partition so XP could be on partition 4

4) ~75gb for Win XP

Booted the Snow Leo disk using BootCD-altps2.iso and installed Snow Leo without issue. Updated to 10.6.3 first because directly going from base to 10.6.4 wasn't working. Now 10.6.4 works fine. Ran the HPM311DP_063010HF6RC4.pkg package and everything is well.

Installed XP onto partition 4 and everything there is fine as well.

Now I can boot into Windows XP from the Chameleon bootloader that appears when I boot my Mini normally, but when I try to boot into Snow Leo, the computer just reboots itself. I can boot into Snow Leo (and XP) using the BootCD-altps2.iso disk, but obviously am trying to avoid having to use the disk.

In my finite wisdom I thought it wise to use the com.apple.Boot.plist file that was on the BootCD-altps2.iso disk and stick it in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration because it worked for both, but that didn't work.

Honestly, I know nil about configuring the bootloader save editing the com.apple.Boot.plist and the edits I made in trying to get it working have not worked thus far. What should I do from here?

Forgive me if this has nothing to do with the bootloader, I am just operating under the assumption that it is the bootloader because I can use the BootCD-altps2.iso disk to boot into Snow Leo. Thanks!