.KEXT UPDATE

macika

4 posts in this topic

i am a rookie so:::

i try to update on my hackintosh:o) .kext files and first think i make is - i just copied some

files to my Extensions folder. BAD BAD think. now after lunch a get an error that some files

(i copied) are unuseable becouse thay are not instaled properly.

then i try to reinstal them with pacifist and........ still unuseable becouse thay are

not instaled properly.

Then i reinstal whole Extensions with pacifist but stil some files are unuseable.....

Is it possible to fix this someway????

thankx

your lovely hackintosh user:o)

Sounds like you need to repair permissions. Open Disk Utility, select your OSX partition on the left side and click on Repair Permissions on the right side.

If you are currently unable to get into OSX to do this, then boot your install DVD. When you get to the first screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility and then do the permissions repair.

I fix it, sorry for the panic:)

i delet the files inproperly instaled and reinstal them with pacifist.

now my stupid queston:

i have nvidia quadro graphic card and max resulution is 1024x748.

what is the problem????

i need to download the drivers????

thanks

i start a new topic for this

• 10 months later...

macika, let me know if you find a solution. I have a quadro card as well, and haven't had any luck so far. Either they don't register at all - they don't seem to make any difference and nothing changes in the system, or they hang the system and I have to delete them to get back in. I've read that a few with quadro used Titan and had no problems, but I haven't had their luck.