HP Pavilion Desktop elite - GeForce gt 220 - blue screen

gregor

4 posts in this topic

I have a problem. Funny is that I have 3 similar computers (HP Desktop Pavilion) and it worked as it should, but yesterday one of the stoped at apple logo. I installed Snow 10.6.3 over it and it works in safe mode (-x) flawlessly. If I try normal mode it boots, shows blue desktop and cursor, but then just starts to slowly flash blue desktop color and I can not continue. I can hear Outlook logs in and checks for new mails.

As i wrote, if I boot with -x everything works just fine (QE, CI, resolutions, Systemprofiler shows GT 220 with 1GB Ram - RIGHT info), but normal mode it hangs on blue desktop screen)

Please help!

I have a problem. Funny is that I have 3 similar computers (HP Desktop Pavilion) and it worked as it should, but yesterday one of the stoped at apple logo. I installed Snow 10.6.3 over it and it works in safe mode (-x) flawlessly. If I try normal mode it boots, shows blue desktop and cursor, but then just starts to slowly flash blue desktop color and I can not continue. I can hear Outlook logs in and checks for new mails.

As i wrote, if I boot with -x everything works just fine (QE, CI, resolutions, Systemprofiler shows GT 220 with 1GB Ram - RIGHT info), but normal mode it hangs on blue desktop screen)

Please help!

sounds like you have some graphics issue causing it to not boot.

what are you/were you using for graphics?

sounds like you have some graphics issue causing it to not boot.

what are you/were you using for graphics?

Did another reinstal, but first I deleted S/L/E, Extra and frameworks... Reinstalled 10.6.3, used silent natit, and efi injector then when finished it worked. Later I had some user rights issues (user was not admin), which i solved with install disk and utility "Reset password", then I edited com.apple.boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=yes, deleted natit.kext and now it just works as it was before. QE, CI and everything, with card recognized as GT 220 and 1GB of Ram.

huh, now it works :thumbsup_anim:, I have to update it to 10.6.4 and quick make a backup of my sys drive :D

cheers

grega

• 3 weeks later...
Did another reinstal, but first I deleted S/L/E, Extra and frameworks... Reinstalled 10.6.3, used silent natit, and efi injector then when finished it worked. Later I had some user rights issues (user was not admin), which i solved with install disk and utility "Reset password", then I edited com.apple.boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=yes, deleted natit.kext and now it just works as it was before. QE, CI and everything, with card recognized as GT 220 and 1GB of Ram.

huh, now it works :), I have to update it to 10.6.4 and quick make a backup of my sys drive ;)

cheers

grega

Hey gregor, I see that you are using an HP Pavilion Elite as a hackintosh. Would you please write about your experience of getting it up and running in the "Complete Systems" section of this forum. I am trying to get hackintosh users that installed on HP hardware to post the story of their success.

Thanks