Snow Leopard (hazard) on a Dell Inspiron 1410 Problem

stewiez

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I am trying to install a Hackintosh into my Dell laptop. I used the hazard CD for this. Well, the installation's done and I have one major problem. The 64 bit version of the OS runs smoothly but in the 32bit mode the display blacks out the moment the login windows was supposed to appear. I would have been happy with the 64bit mode but some of the drivers I need are available only in the 32 bit version (atheros and display)

I am on a Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller. Also, i am multi-booting linux with grub as the bootloader.

I am not sure of any other information that could be useful for you. Tell me if you need any more information and i will provide it.

And btw, where can I find the logs for the kext crashes. I checked for the kernel panic logs, there's none. I'm guessing that the 32bit mode crashes when the kernel tries to load a kext for the display. The 64 bit does not crash because the kext causing the problem cannot be loaded in the 64 bit. Anyways its just a guess.

Thanks

Your GPU is x3100?

use 32 bit

Use DSDT EDITOR n PATCHER

Extract your DSDT

Apply the patch

into method label _DOD parent_adr 0x00020000 code_regex (Return\s\(Package\s\()0x04(\)\s*\{\s*\n)([^\n,]+),\s*\n[^\n]+\n([^\n]+\n)[^\n]+\n replaceall_matched begin %10x02%2%4%3\n end;
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x04)\n
	{\n
		"AAPL,HasPanel", \n
		Buffer (0x04)\n
		{\n
			0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
		}, \n
		"model", \n
		Buffer (0x06)\n
		{\n
			"X3100"\n
		}\n
	}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end;
into device label TV parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device label DVI parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0103 code_regex_not IRQNoFlags code_regex Name\s\(([^,]+),\sResourceTemplate\s\(\)\n\s+\{((?:.|\n)*)\}\) replace_matched
begin
Name (%1, ResourceTemplate ()\n
				{\n
					IRQNoFlags ()\n
						{0}\n
					IRQNoFlags ()\n
						{8}\n
%2
})
end;
into method label DTGP remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)\n
		{\n
			/* 0000 */	0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, \n
			/* 0008 */	0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B\n
		}))\n
{\n
	If (LEqual (Arg1, One))\n
	{\n
		If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))\n
		{\n
			Store (Buffer (One)\n
				{\n
					0x03\n
				}, Arg4)\n
			Return (One)\n
		}\n
		If (LEqual (Arg2, One))\n
		{\n
			Return (One)\n
		}\n
	}\n
}\n
Store (Buffer (One)\n
	{\n
		0x00\n
	}, Arg4)\n
Return (Zero)\n
}
end;
into_all all code_regex (Name\s\(_HID,\s\")\*?([^\"]+\*?\"\)) replaceall_matched begin %1%2 end

see if it solves your problem

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the GPU. I tried the patch but it does not seem to work. The 32bit mode boots into a light blue screen and then the display turns black. Its just the display that turns off because i could hear music at the beginning of my installation.

Thanks

Hey MalDon,

Thanks a lot for the patch. It worked!. the 32 bit now works.

I just wanted to ask something else. I was trying to figure out a way to install the Ethernet driver. I have a RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller. I just cant figure out why the AppleRtl8169.kext does not work. The info.plist does have my PNPID. Doesn't that mean my hardware should work? Do i need to patch something?

Also I couldn't get my AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter to work. I found a kext on the net. But when I try to load it up, i get a error telling I need to link the kext to an updated kernel.

Could you please help me fix these up?

Thanks