Boot Problems

73unny

9 posts in this topic

What happens is I install it and everything's fine but then when it reboots it goes to a light gray screen with an Apple logo. Help?

Motherboard: Intel something

Processor: Intel 4

Boot in verbose mode -v you will get a a black screen with white writing, write down what it says when it stops or take a clear picture and post that.

It helps when you ask a question to say what you are installing eg retail leopard 10.5 using method from -link- or using hazard distro vxxx

Also list your motherboard chipset, cpu, graphics etc etc .See my sig for the idea.

Boot in verbose mode -v you will get a a black screen with white writing, write down what it says when it stops or take a clear picture and post that.

It helps when you ask a question to say what you are installing eg retail leopard 10.5 using method from -link- or using hazard distro vxxx

Also list your motherboard chipset, cpu, graphics etc etc .See my sig for the idea.

I'm not really sure what any of the stuff is: "Also list your motherboard chipset, cpu, graphics etc etc .See my sig for the idea."

It's a pretty old computer and it's rather retarded frankly.

And I'll do the verbose boot thing.

34sfkpk.jpg

I'm not really sure what any of the stuff is:

Then I would advise some research

For example if I said i used a Hazard's Snow leopard disc or kalyway Vxx disc and listed what options had been selected at install, it would be much easier to get help

"Also list your motherboard chipset, cpu, graphics etc etc .See my sig for the idea."

It's a pretty old computer and it's rather retarded frankly.

Again, research, you are going to need to know these to get a successful fully working install

post-530376-1282773071_thumb.png

This shows an error "probeHPET() failed"

Here is what I would to find an answer. Do a search using the board search function or do a search with Google thus

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...q=&gs_rfai=

People will help, but you have to do some of the work

Hey guys, mine either goes to that same apple screen or to black in verbose mode. and thoughts?

Looking through your posts, mmmmm....

Try to explain exactly what you have tried and what the results were

and research

Your statement above "Hey guys, mine either goes to that same apple screen or to black in verbose mode. and thoughts?" does not explain what the problem is. What is the error message for example?

Looking through your posts, mmmmm....

Try to explain exactly what you have tried and what the results were

and research

Your statement above "Hey guys, mine either goes to that same apple screen or to black in verbose mode. and thoughts?" does not explain what the problem is. What is the error message for example?

Actually there's no error message, it just rolls through a bunch of code then goes to a black screen. I've been reading around this site for a couple days and maybe I'm just getting confused by conflicting onformation.

When I water the computer it goes to the Darwin boot screen. The tutorial I used told me to enter -v -x -x32. When I do that I get all the code scrolling through then.............black.

I'm connected to my monitor and thought that might be the problem

Actually there's no error message, it just rolls through a bunch of code then goes to a black screen. I've been reading around this site for a couple days and maybe I'm just getting confused by conflicting onformation.

When I water the computer it goes to the Darwin boot screen. The tutorial I used told me to enter -v -x -x32. When I do that I get all the code scrolling through then.............black.

I'm connected to my monitor and thought that might be the problem

Here's the tutorial I used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2RetjJp18...feature=related

Sorry that is not a tutorial, part one may have been but I am not going to look for it.

If I may offer a suggestion. Start a new thread but before you post it to the forum type it all out in a text editor (word pad, texedit) explaining what you have done, what method or distro you used etc. What problems you have found etc. Include every spec you know of the system. Review and edit until to you have it as you would like it, then post