iAtkos S3, installer will not boot

mmm11105

24 posts in this topic

Loaded it up into Chameleon, used boot flags (-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048), hung on still waiting for root device (can't see HD).

nForce chipset, Intel Core2Duo, GeForce 8600GS, Acer PC

Any fix? Will other distros maybe work for me (Hazard doesn't), or does my hardware screw me over.

Loaded it up into Chameleon, used boot flags (-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048), hung on still waiting for root device (can't see HD).

Any fix? Will other distros maybe work for me (Hazard doesn't), or does my hardware screw me over.

Do you have iATKOS S3 v2 or v1?

I ask because you can boot from the iATKOS S3 Version 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Install DVD, and when you see the option to do so, press F8 to go to the Chameleon Boot Icon menu, then type –v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and you will see boot: -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, now with the iATKOS S3 version 2 boot icon framed, press Enter to start the OS X Installer.......

I ask because you can boot from the iATKOS S3 Version 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Install DVD, and when you see the option to do so, press F8 to go to the Chameleon Boot Icon menu, then type –v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and you will see boot: -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, now with the iATKOS S3 version 2 boot icon framed, press Enter to start the OS X Installer.......

Yes I did this, (v2 installer) I booted it up in verbose mode, but it would load to the OS X installer, "still waiting for root device"

Just tried with the full boot flags "-x -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 bustratio=24" . It still won't load the OSX installer, as it is "still waiting for root device"

Yes I did this, (v2 installer) I booted it up in verbose mode, but it would load to the OS X installer, "still waiting for root device"

What are your full system details?

What are your full system details?

*-cpu

product: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz

vendor: Intel Corp.

physical id: 1

bus info: cpu@0

version: 6.15.13

serial: 0000-06FD-0000-0000-0000-0000

size: 1203MHz

capacity: 1203MHz

width: 64 bits

capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx x86-64 constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm cpufreq

product: nForce 630i

3GB Ram

500GB Hard Drive (sata)

DVD RW Drive (sata)

*-network

description: Ethernet interface

product: MCP73 Ethernet

vendor: nVidia Corporation

physical id: f

bus info: pci@0000:00:0f.0

logical name: eth0

version: a2

serial: 00:1d:92:72:6f:42

width: 32 bits

clock: 66MHz

capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical

configuration: broadcast=yes driver=forcedeth driverversion=0.64 ip=192.168.2.100 latency=0 maxlatency=20 mingnt=1 multicast=yes

resources: irq:28 memory:f9e73000-f9e73fff ioport:b880(size=8) memory:f9e7e800-f9e7e8ff memory:f9e7e400-f9e7e40f

@mmm11105 and @verdant,

sory to post here but i can't start a new topic and i see that @mmm11105 has allmost the same problem as mine.

i have a toshiba t210 with the description below that i had in CPU-Z, i've tested allmost every options to install but i can't getted running on my pc. is it possible to help me??

i have iAtkos S3 V2

Sory again for this

post-609385-1282585044_thumb.jpg

*-cpu

product: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz

vendor: Intel Corp.

physical id: 1

bus info: cpu@0

version: 6.15.13

serial: 0000-06FD-0000-0000-0000-0000

size: 1203MHz

capacity: 1203MHz

width: 64 bits

capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx x86-64 constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm cpufreq

product: nForce 630i

3GB Ram

500GB Hard Drive (sata)

DVD RW Drive (sata)

*-network

description: Ethernet interface

product: MCP73 Ethernet

vendor: nVidia Corporation

physical id: f

bus info: pci@0000:00:0f.0

logical name: eth0

version: a2

serial: 00:1d:92:72:6f:42

width: 32 bits

clock: 66MHz

capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical

configuration: broadcast=yes driver=forcedeth driverversion=0.64 ip=192.168.2.100 latency=0 maxlatency=20 mingnt=1 multicast=yes

resources: irq:28 memory:f9e73000-f9e73fff ioport:b880(size=8) memory:f9e7e800-f9e7e8ff memory:f9e7e400-f9e7e40f

Your 630i chipset is fully-AHCI compliant and so AppleNForceATA.kext is not the correct kext to use........see post #1 Note Bene and 2 here....... :D

@mmm11105 and @verdant,

sory to post here but i can't start a new topic and i see that @mmm11105 has allmost the same problem as mine.

i have a toshiba t210 with the description below that i had in CPU-Z, i've tested allmost every options to install but i can't getted running on my pc. is it possible to help me??

i have iAtkos S3 V2

Sory again for this

Assuming you are using

iATKOS S3 Version 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Install DVD

md5 of iATKOS_S3_version2.iso >>> 55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2

Boot from the iATKOS S3 Version 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Install DVD, and when you see the option to do so, press F8 to go to the Chameleon Boot Icon menu, then type –v busratio=20 and you will see boot: –v busratio=20 appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, now with the iATKOS S3 version 2 boot icon framed, press Enter to start the OS X Installer

1. I recommend that you set up two equal size OS X volumes, and in the first you attempt the following installation

In the Installer Customise menu, initially select only the options shown in BOLD here:

> iATKOS S3 Main System [Pre-selected Default]

> Bootloader

>> AsereBLN v1.19 [Default]

>> PC_EFI v10.6

>> Slice

>> AnVAL Loader

>> Chameleon v2 RC5

>> Chameleon v2 RC4

> Bootloader Options

>> 32-bit boot

>> Graphics Enabler

>> -pci1

>> Ethernet

>> USB (USBBusFix; EHCIacquire; UHCIreset)

>> Quiet Boot

>> Legacy Logo

>> UUID [selecting this breaks HDD multiboot options]

> Patches

>> /Extra directory [Default]

>> fakesmc [Default] V2.5 [MUST BE SELECTED]

>> Disabler [Default]

>> RTC (RTC [Default]; RTC(32bit))

>> Modified Kernels (qoopz 10.3.0; qoopz 10.2.0; PCJ kernel; Atom Kernel)

>> EVO Reboot [Default]

>> Sleep Enabler

>> USB

>> UUID

> Drivers

>> Main Hardware

>>> SATA/IDE (AHCI SATA; Intel SATA/IDE; JMicron SATA/IDE; VIA SATA/IDE (support for VIA, SiS, SI, ULI, Marvell and some nForce chipsets); > nForce SATA/IDE)

>>> Sound (Voodoo HDA [Default]; Apple HDA 10.6.2 [Default])

>>> PS/2 (Apple PS/2; Voodoo PS/2)

>>> CPU Power Management (Voodoo P-State; Voodoo Power; EvO Speedstep)

>>> Laptop Hardware (Battery; Card Reader; TSC Sync; ACPI Thermal (32bit)

>>> NTFS-3G (Mac FUSE Core; NTFS-3G [automatic sub-selection])

>> VGA

>>> nVidia

>>>> EFI String (DVI/DVI; DVI/VGA; VGA/DVI)

>>>> Enablers (NVEnabler; Natit)

>>> ATI

>>>> Enablers (EVO enabler; ATY-Init (32bit)

>>>> ATI 48xx

>>>> ATI Framebuffer

>>> Intel

>>>> EFI String

>>>> Natit (32bit)

>>>> GMA 950 (GMA 950 27A2 (32bit); GMA 950 27AE (32bit))

>>>> GMA X3100 (Framebuffer (32bit)

>> Network

>>> Wireless

>>>> Atheros

>>>> Atheros Corei7 fix

>>>> Broadcom

>>>> Ralink (RT257x; RT2500 (32bit); RT2870; RT2860 (32bit); RT256x (32bit))

>>>> Realtek (RTL8187 (32bit); RTL8187B (32bit); RTL8187L (32bit); RTL8187SE (32bit))

>>>> Zydas (32bit)

>>> Wired

>>>> Realtek (RTL8168; RTL8139)

>>>> Marvell (Yukon 88E8001; Yukon 88E8056)

>>>> Atheros (Attansic L1; Attansic L1E; Attansic L2 (32bit)

>>>> Intel (Intel Pro V100; Intel Gigabit)

>>>> Broadcom (BCM440x; BCM5755M (32bit); BCM5787M (32bit))

>>>> nForce

>>>> Via Rhine (32bit)

> Language Translations - Your choice

If the above gets a basic bootable OS X system installed, then clone it to the 2nd volume using Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner..........then boot from the 2nd volume and play around with it as regards:

Networking (Ethernet and Wifi)

Audio

Video

CPU Power Management (Voodoo P-State; Voodoo Power; EvO Speedstep)

Laptop Hardware (Battery; Card Reader; TSC Sync; ACPI Thermal (32bit)

then, even if you make the wrong choices, you can always just boot into the first volume to fix the second volume.....

So how would I boot up the OS X installer, I can't even pick kexts yet

Have you set up your BIOS for OS X...........if not, follow the 630i setting template in my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread post #1 here..........

Have you set up your BIOS for OS X...........if not, follow the 630i setting template in my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread post #1 here..........

Is there a printer friendly versions of that, split across multiple pages.

Also, I just tryed some of the options and my BIOS has very few of the same menus and options as your chart lists it should have. I think Acer may have changed the BIOS.

Lastly, does say to diable my LAN, because I have no wireless so this PC is useless without the LAN

No because of the need to keep the column order but here is a pdf. for 630i only:

630i_nForce_Chipset_BIOS_SettingsV2.xls.pdf

Also, I just tryed some of the options and my BIOS has very few of the same menus and options as your chart lists it should have. I think Acer may have changed the BIOS.

Lastly, does say to diable my LAN, because I have no wireless so this PC is useless without the LAN

My list is a composite of different 630i chipset MOBO BIOSs..........so your BIOS may not have all the same options..........the LAN [Disable] setting is only an initial one until you can install the latest version of eno's nForceLAN.kext.......

My list is a composite of different 630i chipset MOBO BIOSs..........so your BIOS may not have all the same options..........the LAN [Disable] setting is only an initial one until you can install the latest version of eno's nForceLAN.kext.......

I thought iATKOS came with NForceLan.kext Also, should my DVD drive or my HD be the master

I thought iATKOS came with NForceLan.kext Also, should my DVD drive or my HD be the master

It does but is it the latest version?

If you have a IDE DVDRW then it should be jumper-set and connected as Master, and if you have a IDE HDD as well, it should be jumper-set and connected as Slave on the same 80-wire IDE cable, or if your MOBO has two IDE channels, then you can also jumper-set and connect the IDE HDD as Master on its own IDE channel.........

It does but is it the latest version?

If you have a IDE DVDRW then it should be jumper-set and connected as Master, and if you have a IDE HDD as well, it should be jumper-set and connected as Slave on the same 80-wire IDE cable, or if your MOBO has two IDE channels, then you can also jumper-set and connect the IDE HDD as Master on its own IDE channel.........

What if both are SATA (they are) my BIOS can set one to master, one to slave, or two sepeerate channels. Right now the DVD Drive is a Slave

What if both are SATA (they are) my BIOS can set one to master, one to slave, or two sepeerate channels. Right now the DVD Drive is a Slave

SATA does not employ Master and Slave designations.........each SATA device is on a Primary or a Secondary, or simply, on its own SATA channel (i.e. single connection to MOBO).........if your MOBO BIOS is using the Primary and Secondary SATA channel terminology, then put the SATA DVDRW on a channel as Master and the HDD on another channel as Master.........if you have any issues withy this arrangement, then put them on the same SATA channel, with the DVDRW as Master (Primary) and the HDD as Slave (Secondary)........

SATA does not employ Master and Slave designations.........each SATA device is on a Primary or a Secondary, or simply, on its own SATA channel (i.e. single connection to MOBO).........if your MOBO BIOS is using the Primary and Secondary SATA channel terminology, then put the SATA DVDRW on a channel as Master and the HDD on another channel as Master.........if you have any issues withy this arrangement, then put them on the same SATA channel, with the DVDRW as Master (Primary) and the HDD as Slave (Secondary)........

I can't change it from the BIOS, must be wiring. Right now my DVD is set to Slave, does that matter.

I can't change it from the BIOS, must be wiring. Right now my DVD is set to Slave, does that matter.

This is confusing..........since 80-wire IDE (PATA) and SATA cables are so different.........

post-200327-1282683766_thumb.jpg post-200327-1282683698_thumb.jpg

Also SATA cables are most commonly flat, narrow and red, whereas PATA cables are most commonly flat, wide and grey or black......

post-200327-1282683975_thumb.jpg

so check 630i BIOS settings against:

630i_nForce_Chipset_BIOS_SettingsV3.xls.pdf

Hi Verdant,

Now i have installed the OS like you said but not the options on 32-bit only the ones for 64-bit (my CPU is 64-bit).

At each startup i need to type ( -v busratio=20 ) other way it doesn't start, what can i do for that?

for the drivers i will try to find for the WIFI and ethernet, but a stange thing is that the mouse and trackpad sometimes or almost all it doesn't move or is realy slow, what can i do for that showld i try to install drivers to?

Hi Verdant,

Now i have installed the OS like you said but not the options on 32-bit only the ones for 64-bit (my CPU is 64-bit).

At each startup i need to type ( -v busratio=20 ) other way it doesn't start, what can i do for that?

for the drivers i will try to find for the WIFI and ethernet, but a stange thing is that the mouse and trackpad sometimes or almost all it doesn't move or is realy slow, what can i do for that showld i try to install drivers to?

You can put -v busratio=20 in com.apple.Boot.plist and so no longer have to type it in.........

But also try busratio=9 as your Intel U5400 CPU is a reduced i5-540UM CPU..........see here,

You can try VoodooPS/2 vs ApplePS/2 drivers.........

As for 64bit versus 32bit on OS X:

# Snow Leopard is completely backwards-compatible with 32-bit applications

# Snow Leopard runs 64-bit applications regardless of whether it boots into a 64-bit or a 32-bit kernel

# Boots by default into 32bit on all Macs except Xserve; this is because all other Macs are using the 32/64-bit hybrid kernel by default because their hardware doesn’t support more than 32 GiB of memory, whereas the Xserve is capable of using up to 48 GiB of memory.

# Only a CPU with SSSE3 can run 64-bit kernel and 64bit applications

So, with < 32BG RAM, running the purely 64bit kernel is not a necessity, nor always greatly advantageous.........by this I mean, that you may need kexts that are currently only 32bit but which operate better on your system than the 64bit kexts you are using.......

You can put -v busratio=20 in com.apple.Boot.plist and so no longer have to type it in.........

But also try busratio=9 as your Intel U5400 CPU is a reduced i5-540UM CPU..........see here,

You can try VoodooPS/2 vs ApplePS/2 drivers.........

As for 64bit versus 32bit on OS X:

# Snow Leopard is completely backwards-compatible with 32-bit applications

# Snow Leopard runs 64-bit applications regardless of whether it boots into a 64-bit or a 32-bit kernel

# Boots by default into 32bit on all Macs except Xserve; this is because all other Macs using the 32/64-bit hybrid kernel by default because their hardware doesn’t support more than 32 GiB of memory, whereas the Xserve is capable of using up to 48 GiB of memory.

# Only a CPU with SSSE3 can run 64-bit kernel and 64bit applications

So, with < 32BG RAM, running the purely 64bit kernel is not a necessity, nor always greatly advantageous.........by this I mean, that you may need kexts that are currently only 32bit but which operate better on your system than the 64bit kexts you are using.......

Thanks, you are the best, i will install again :)