Keyboard and mouse problem

2 posts in this topic

I've had this problem for a while now, and it's the one of the only things from letting me use OS X.

Every time I boot up OS X (including the install), I've had to unplug and plug back in my keyboard and mouse (Saitek Eclipse and Logitech MX518). I'm using USB (I don't have any PS2 devices to try out, and this is my gaming rig anyway).

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

AMD 64 3700+

7800GT

1GB memory

80GB IDE and 250GB SATA drives (with OS X installed on the IDE drive)

I searched the forum and found posters with the same problem (one of them had the same motherboard), but no one seemed to have a solution.

The Wiki says I should disable USB keyboard and mouse support, but I can't switch operating systems in the bootoader.

I've had this problem for a while now, and it's the one of the only things from letting me use OS X.

Every time I boot up OS X (including the install), I've had to unplug and plug back in my keyboard and mouse (Saitek Eclipse and Logitech MX518). I'm using USB (I don't have any PS2 devices to try out, and this is my gaming rig anyway).

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

AMD 64 3700+

7800GT

1GB memory

80GB IDE and 250GB SATA drives (with OS X installed on the IDE drive)

I searched the forum and found posters with the same problem (one of them had the same motherboard), but no one seemed to have a solution.

The Wiki says I should disable USB keyboard and mouse support, but I can't switch operating systems in the bootoader.

Same problem here. Disconnecting/reconnecting usb mouse and usb keyboard doesn't work for me though. Abit KV8-Max 3 board, identical processor. Tried all USB configurations, no joy.