DFI LanParty USB does not start on boot! Why?

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Since moving up to a DFI LanParty nForce4 board from a crappy ECS nForce4 also, OS X refuses to boot up with USB recognition. There's no problem with Win XP... I have to unplug the keyboard & mouse, then replug to get it to recognize.

Very annoying... Any fix for this. Is this a BIOS setting issue?

Thanks,

Arch

Thanks for the note B.W. I've seen this issue posted before a few months back with no answer as far as I recall, but since I now also have a MacBook Pro also, it would be nice to get my desktop to run the same OS every once awhile :) .

Let me know if you find out how to get this working! I've tried the latest BIOS to no avail.

Arch

An update,

Tried booting up in -s mode tonight. I get the message "EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS". Looks like this may be a BIOS fault with DFI. Apparently this kind of thing happened on Acer laptops also fixed with a BIOS update.

I'm getting the same probelm on my DFI nForce4 board. If I enable USB Keyboard and mouse emulation, then I get "EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS" during verbose boot. Also strangely if USB emulation is enable in the BIOS, my PS/2 ports stop working in OSX.

Has anyone found a solution to get a USB keyboard and mouse working on a DFI nforce4 board? I really want to get steermouse working, cuz I miss all the extra buttons on my MX3100 set.

I have the same problems with the DFI board. Seems like some BIOS bug/feature of the board. I have to unplug and replug my devices if I leave my USB-Stick connected while booting up. If it's disconncted, my devices get recognized on startup, but I still do have the EHCI messages. {censored}.

I am using Lanparty Ultra D and my OSX has been upgraded to 10.4.7 without any problem.

The on-board lan and audio are all working fine, but USB is not fully working. I have to un-plug and re-plug each usb device in order to activate it after booting. And only usb 1.1 can be used. It is now truely plug-and-play... :)

• 7 months later...

Yeah... I have a DFI board (see my sig)... and I just disabled usb keyboard and mouse support in my BIOS and then my usb keyboard and mouse worked perfectly. Unfortunately all of my usb ports in Mac OS seem to be just USB 1.1 and not USB 2.0... Anyone know how to fix this??? That'd be sweet... thanks..!