Is any of this possible? (Dual Monitors, Non AHCI Config)

polird

1 post in this topic

Hello, I have been attempting to use OSX on my computer for probably well over a year now, but i have never gotten it fully working. I am wondering If a few things are possible...

1. Install OSX with SATA drives set to RAID, not AHCI

No, I am not planning on installing OSX on a RAID array, but I do have a RAID array that I would like not to have to switch off to use OSX. I have done this before, but I cannot remember how.  :)

2. Use dual monitors with Radeon HD 4850 above 1024x768 resolution

I know that 4850s seem to have a lot of problems, but it seems people have gotten them working.

3. Get OSX to start  :) . Well I have gotten it to start a few times, just like 1 out of 10 installations  :)

I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and Hazard 10.6.2, the former seems to work better. (Please don't ban me, I do have a legal copy of Tiger :) )

My Specs:

ASUS P5E Deluxe (almost identical to Rampage Formula, if you are more familiar with that)

Core 2 Duo E8400

ATI Radeon 4850 512MB DDR3 (DVI/HDMI/VGA)

G.Skill 1066MHz DDR2 2x2GB

Some SATA HDDs

1 DVD-RW IDE drive (I can replace with SATA if necessary)