10.6.4 - GTX480 working, but how to disable 2nd Card (GTX260)?

sean53154

3 posts in this topic

Longtime lurker, 1st time poster.

Here's what I've got going:

OS X 10.6.4

MSI Big Bang X-Power (MSI 7666) Mainboard

eVGA GTX 480 Video in first X16 slot.

eVGA GTX 260 Video in second (specified by manual) x16 video slot **FOR PHYSX**

12GB Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600 @ 1582mhz

i7 - 920 @ 4011MHz

OCZ Summit 120GB SSD for Win7 Ultimate Boot

WD Velociraptor 300GB 10K SATA HDD for Snow Leopard

-Fermi-specific patched bootloader, kexts, and frameworks installed from the "Fermi" topic on this forum.

-GTX480 is working fine when by itself

-GTX480 gives black screen when paired with the GTX280 (NO sli straps)

-GTX480 works fine if I remove the 2x6pin power connectors from the 260.

So I'm needing to remember to plug/unplug the power to my physx card (260) when booting between Snow and Win7.

My question is, is there a way to force MacOS to ignore that second card, or it's slot, or .... something (I guessed this would be a DSDT thing, and I did perform other fixes including CMOS Reset (RTC) fix, and TIMR/HPET fixes, but since I can't boot into SL while the 2nd card is installed, I can't extract a DSDT to edit or look at the DIFF of "with single card" and "with dual cards".

Even when booting with 2 cards with my modified DSDT that was extracted and patched with only a single card installed, (in /E), I still get a black screen. Mind you that passing -v (verbose) shows all the entries and text as Kexts Load, drives are enumerated, etc., and all is fine until it goes to go into GUI mode.

So in a nutshell, is there a way I can in software make the install ignore the second card, or maybe even boot with it and use it for folding, or add multiple monitors down the road?

Thanks in advance for all your guys' help.

• 2 months later...