What is wrong with my setup?

Dorons

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have spent too many hours trying to install SL on a new machine with absolutely no success. I am getting all kinds of errors, including chameleon showing with garbled graphics and instant reboots after chameleon.

Here is my setup:

Board: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

CPU: i3-540

Graphic card: LeadTek GeForce GT210 512GB GDDR2 PCIe

HD: Samsung 500GB F3

I've tried Kakewalk, added "busratio=20" (and 23) to the boot option. I've tried tonymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] nvidia and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported, and iAtkos S3 v2.

BTW - without -v all of these give me an instant freeze right after the chameleon screen.

With -v, i see the kexts loading and then it reboots.

I managed to get to the install screen with Kakewalk and everything was SUPER slow - i saw the choose language dialog but it took about 30 seconds after clicking on the -> button for the next screen to show. Also, the menus on top were garbled.

I guess my question is whether there is something inherently wrong with my setup. Perhaps the graphic card or the CPU?

(BTW - i've successfully installed several hackintosh machines, on desktops and laptops, so i've had some experience with failures, but it just seems really weird that i am getting into so much trouble, so early on in the installation with hardware that i thought was supposed to be relatively supported).

I would appreciate any help or advice before i lose my mind :(

first

trun sata on bios setting to achi

then use iatkos s3 v2

boot with flag busratio=16 -v

when get to cuztomize

use defalut setting plus

unselect audio kexts

choose

modifed kernel 10.3

achi sata

kexts for your lan if you know it

and nvida nvenbabler

when finish

restart

and boot with

busratio=16 -v

update to 10.6.4

and restart

now you dont need for flags

and serach for you audio chipset kext :wacko:

first

trun sata on bios setting to achi

then use iatkos s3 v2

boot with flag busratio=16 -v

when get to cuztomize

use defalut setting plus

unselect audio kexts

choose

modifed kernel 10.3

achi sata

kexts for your lan if you know it

and nvida nvenbabler

when finish

restart

and boot with

busratio=16 -v

update to 10.6.4

and restart

now you dont need for flags

and serach for you audio chipset kext :)

First of all: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I have installed SL as you directed and everything boots up great.

I've also upgraded to 10.6.4 and the upgrade when smoothly.

However, i still need to provide the boot options (busratio=16 -v) or the machine reboots. Any ideas?

(P.S - I don't need to use -v anymore, but the busratio=16 is necessary)

Update: Had to change the Boot.plist to point to the vanilla kernel. Works without the flags now :)

• 5 weeks later...
Hello,

I have spent too many hours trying to install SL on a new machine with absolutely no success. I am getting all kinds of errors, including chameleon showing with garbled graphics and instant reboots after chameleon.

Here is my setup:

Board: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

CPU: i3-540

Graphic card: LeadTek GeForce GT210 512GB GDDR2 PCIe

HD: Samsung 500GB F3

I've tried Kakewalk, added "busratio=20" (and 23) to the boot option. I've tried tonymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] nvidia and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported, and iAtkos S3 v2.

BTW - without -v all of these give me an instant freeze right after the chameleon screen.

With -v, i see the kexts loading and then it reboots.

I managed to get to the install screen with Kakewalk and everything was SUPER slow - i saw the choose language dialog but it took about 30 seconds after clicking on the -> button for the next screen to show. Also, the menus on top were garbled.

I guess my question is whether there is something inherently wrong with my setup. Perhaps the graphic card or the CPU?

(BTW - i've successfully installed several hackintosh machines, on desktops and laptops, so i've had some experience with failures, but it just seems really weird that i am getting into so much trouble, so early on in the installation with hardware that i thought was supposed to be relatively supported).

I would appreciate any help or advice before i lose my mind :blink:

Hi mate, I have the same graphic that you, a 512 mb ZOTAC GT210, I installed the iATKOS s3 (I think version 1, not sure) and I really do not get my card I changed to a different resolution 1024x768, how did you get you, what you have chosen or installed drivers?

Thank you very much, please try to help.