Installing OSx86 on a Compaq Presario CQ62-228DX

bxking

9 posts in this topic

So I'm kind of a noob at this, lol. I had a Dell B130 before and was a able to find a guide on installing it. But I see no guide for this model. Maybe because it's kind fo new? Anyways I want to know if it's possible, how to do it, and which installation disc to use. It's a Compaq Presario CQ62-228DX, here are the specs:

Hard Drive: Brand:N/A Capacity:160GB

Processor: Brand:AMD Speed: 2.2GHz Model: V120

Ram: Brand:N/A Type:DDR3 Capacity:3GB (up to 1.4GB devoted to GPU)

GPU: Brand:ATI Raedon Model:4250

TouchPad:Synaptics not sure of exact model

Keyboard: Not sure , Device manager tells me standard PS/2 keyboard, but I have certain functions on this keyboard such as open internet, print, calculator, email

Wifi: RealTek RTL8191SE 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapater

LAN: RealTek PCIe FE Family Controller

Sound: RealTek High Definition Audio ( Device Manager does not give me a specific model )

Built-in Mic: Not sure if that's included with audio driver, I think so

You guys can check for the specs by googling I think. Can you please just tell me if this is compatible with OSx86 and point me in the direction to installing it.

you can setup snow leopard

but not all hardware will work

vga you may get resolution only

and wifi not sure about it

try use iatkos s3 v2

So when you say VGA, you mean only 640p? Or will I be able to take advantage of the 720p LED ? and wifi is my only source of internet can someone check if it's supported?

just download iatkos s3 v2 and when you need to know what to select iwill tell you -_-

Alright so I'll need a blank DVD right? Because I'm out of them right now is there a way to do it without the DVD? I guess I can buy a couple at walgreens tomorrow for $2.

EDIT: I tested it in VMWare, full resolution not supported (and I couldn't find a kext for Radeon 4250 HD , maybe one for Radeon 4200 will work?), mouse moves all fast and quirky, not sure if wifi was supported because of VMWare or if the OS had a kext to make it work (read the adapter as PCI Express slot 34)

So no QE/CE support? I don't want to do this if everything's going to be choppy, I can't watch youtube videos, or even drag around windows. For that I stay on Windows 7. It's a shame that my 4 year old dell with it's crappy Intel 915GMA graphics card had support and not this. It worked great on my Dell B130 with 1.5GHz , 1GB ram, 128MB Intel 915GMA.