GA-X58A-UD5 with Kakewalk - extremely slow !

pawz

3 posts in this topic

I've got an i7 930 on a GA-X58A-UD5. I've installed retail Snow using Kakewalk 2.0 selecting GA-X58A-UD7 as the board. The system installs ok, but after first boot the system is ridiculously slow and I can't even get through the first boot configuration. Clicking a button or typing on the screen results in about 2 minutes before the key appears or the button is pressed.

I'm using optimised defaults in the BIOS, turned off turbo mode and hyperthreading.

Any ideas what's wrong ? Seems so many other people have installed using this os method on this hardware so I don't know why I'm having this problem. Appreciate any help.

ok it turns out it was my video card. I took out my 210 and put in my 8400 and everything was good. No audio, but ethernet and dual head video support with NVEnabler.

hy, I've the same configuration (ga-x58a-ud5 rev 2.0 bios AF , i7 930, nvidia 9800gt 1G).

I've installed with kakewalk using GA-X58A-UD7 profile. During installation When ask for hd , in options I 've deselected everythings (only the language was selected). The installation is perfect . Sound, sleep/start, usb, video(HD) ,work perfectly. Ethernet doesn't work. I' ve installed kext for eth with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url](Realtek R1000 ). Now everything work well. (Using Kakewalk without deselecting I had the same problem-> no audio and I've tried all suggestion I've found but without results.)

The problem with the audio was back doing the upgrade to 10.6.4........so right now I've made a fresh install (10.6.0)......and i'll wait a little bit before upgrade.

I hope this can help you to have a working audio