Dell XPS 410, SL install info needed.

toner_

38 posts in this topic

Seems like it's getting a little farther with the new boot disc you made, getting this far then it just hangs.

you must search on bios again

for achi or make it raid

ide mode give this panic (ioatafamily) is responsable for ide controller and this kext is unstable :)

so you must change bios setting serach for sata setting and if you found achi good if you dont found it trun on raid and examin it :)

i make it to read your ide mode but as you see panic from orginal kext

Here is another screenshot with the latest boot disc you made and raid turned back on.

My bios only has 2 settings, "autodetect/ATA" and "RAID ON", there are no sub-settings.

From my understanding, from what I have researched, the "RAID ON" is AHCI on. (found that reference on this thread: Still waiting on root device - if you use the dsdt.aml in that package plus the Extensions they've referenced for the XPS 410 and you've adjusted your SATA Mode to "RAID ON" aka AHCI, you should be in business.

post-652066-1281647377_thumb.jpg

Ok, I have tried all of the following.

3 custom boot discs and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with 10.6, 10.6.3 and 10.5.8, all with raid on and -v, -v -x and all with raid off -v -x, iatkos raid on -v, -v -x, raid off -v, -v -x, ideneb v1.6........... Also re-tried everything switching my hdd (for osx) and cd-rom to sata ports 0 and 1 (which were 4 and 5 previously on the mobo's 2nd sata controller).

So many combinations here, there is obviously something else I need to do to get this working.

Ok, I have tried all of the following.

3 custom boot discs and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with 10.6, 10.6.3 and 10.5.8, all with raid on and -v, -v -x and all with raid off -v -x, iatkos raid on -v, -v -x, raid off -v, -v -x, ideneb v1.6........... Also re-tried everything switching my hdd (for osx) and cd-rom to sata ports 0 and 1 (which were 4 and 5 previously on the mobo's 2nd sata controller).

So many combinations here, there is obviously something else I need to do to get this working.

lol :P